Dahi aloo and kuttu ki puri is the most popular and favourite dish during Navratri fasting and Karva Chauth.
You can try this easy recipe from Chef Ashwani Kumar Singh and savour the taste and flavours of the festivals.
Recipe By: Chef Ashwani Kumar Singh
Recipe Type: Main Course
For Kuttu Ki Poori:
Kuttu atta (buckwheat flour) - 200 g
Boil potato, mashed - 2
Sendha namak (rock salt) - 2 pinch
Desi ghee for frying
For Dahi Aloo:
Boiled potatoes (small dices) - 4
Curd - 2 cups
Kuttu ka atta - 1 tsp
Ginger (chopped) - ½ tsp
Mathania dried red chilli - 2
Sendha namak (rock salt) - to taste
Coriander (chopped) - 1 tbsp
For The Puri:
- Sieve the flour in a bowl with the help of a flour siever.
- Add boiled mashed potato and salt, and mix it together.
- Make a soft dough; keep it aside for 30 minutes to rest the dough.
- Cut small balls (peda) from the dough and flatten it in a round shape.
- Deep fry the poori in hot ghee and serve hot.
For The Dahi Aloo:
- Soak and grind the chilli with a little amount of water to make a fine paste.
- Take a bowl, mix the kuttu ka atta and 1 tsp of red chilli paste with the curd.
- Strain the mixture through a stainer.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add chopped ginger and potatoes and fry for a minute.
- Add the curd and atta mixture and let it boil.
- Add sendha namak.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- 1. Arbi can also be used instead of the potatoes while making the dough for the poori.
- 2. Dahi aloo can be prepared with a thick or runny gravy based on your preference.
- Serving size - 1 bowl 2 puris
- Calories - 300 cal
- Fat - 5 g
- Protein - 4 g
- Carbohydrates - 30 g
- Sugar - 4 g
- Dietary fibre - 2 g
- How To Make Low-calorie Paneer Tikka Recipe
- How To Prepare Moong Dal Dahi Vada Recipe
- Dahi Bhindi: How To Make Okra Yogurt Gravy Recipe
- 10 Vegetarian Foods Rich In Vitamin B12
- Mango Delight Recipe: How To Make Hung Curd Mango Delight
- Pineapple Fantasy Recipe: How To Prepare Pineapple Delicacy At Home
- Gatte Ki Sabzi Recipe: Rajasthani Besan Gatte Ki Sabzi
- 16 Impressive Facts and Benefits of Eating Curd Every Day
- Hung Curd Dip Recipe: How To Prepare Hung Curd & Garlic Dip
- 10 Easy-to-make Curd Face Packs For Different Skin Problems
- Jalebi Recipe: How To Make Instant Jalebi At Home
- 5-Minute Home Remedy To Treat Urinary Tract Infection Naturally!
- 10 Super-effective Kitchen Ingredients For Treating Different Skin Problems