- Technology Huawei Mate 30 RS Porsche Design Announced With 5G Support For 2095 Euros
- Movies Soha Ali Khan Says Parenthood Has Changed Her Habits; Wants Inaaya To Learn By Example
- Sports Sri Lanka to go ahead with Pakistan tour despite terror fears
- News PM's US itinerary: Address at UNGA, nearly 20 bilaterals, Houston diaspora event
- Automobiles 2020 Mahindra XUV500 Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch Next Year: Spy Pics & Details
- Finance Delhi Police Launches App To Pay Traffic Challan, File FIR
- Education HSSC Exam Date Announced For November 2019 To March 2020
- Travel Manali: A Snow Destination For You To Be This Winter
Prawns are a part of seafood culture and people who love seafood prefer prawns as their first choice. Prawns are made in different ways as appetizer, curry or any other dish form but the most popular is the coconut prawns. Prawns gel well with the coconut flavour. This recipe is quite easy and can be made at dinner or lunch time.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Appetizers
Prawns - 24
Lemon grass (finely chopped) - 20 g
Fresh red chilli (finely chopped) - 1
Coconut milk - ¼th cup
Basil (finely chopped) - ½ tsp
Lemon (grate zest) - 1
Panko crumbs - ½ cup
Flour - ½ cup
Eggs - 2
Toasted dry grated coconut - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Oil - for frying
Chilli mayonnaise - 3 tbsp
1. Wash and peel the prawn and keep the tail intact.
2. Devein the prawns and pat dry and keep aside.
3. Marinate the prawns with coconut milk, fresh red chillies, basil, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
4. Take three bowls, in the first bowl place flour.
5. In the second bowl crack the eggs and whisk lightly with a fork.
6. In the third bowl mix panko and toasted coconut flakes.
7. Place the marinated prawns and coat lightly in flour, then dip in the egg wash and finally coat with the panko.
8. Heat oil in fryer and maintain the temp at 180 C and fry the prawn until golden brown.
9. Serve the prawns with chilli mayo.
- 1. You can use chilli flakes if you cannot find fresh red chillies.
- Serving Size - 2-3 pieces
- Calories - 310 cal
- Fat - 16 g
- Protein - 5 g
- Carbohydrates - 38 g
- Sugar - 25 g