- 5 hrs ago Saree Looks Decoded From The Pages Of History Following The Saree Twitter Trend
- 8 hrs ago On 3 Years Of Mom, Veteran Actress Sridevi’s Sober Outfits From The Film Decoded
- 8 hrs ago 7 Ways To Stop Being Taken For Granted By Your Partner
- 9 hrs ago 10 Reasons Why You Should Eat Raw Mangoes; Side Effects And Healthy Recipes
- Sports Chess Controversy: GM RB Ramesh resigns from chief selector's post citing 'interference'
- Movies Abhishek Bachchan Says The Film Industry Is Not All Glamour And The Audiences Don’t See That
- Technology 18-Year-Old TikTok Creator Ends Life Following Ban; Depression Suspected
- News Brazil's President Bolsonaro tests positive for COVID-19
- Automobiles Bajaj Platina 100 Disc Variant Launched: Priced At Rs 59,373
- Finance ICICI Bank To Offer Its Employees 8% Hike For Working Amid Covid 19
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
- Travel Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In North India In July 2020
Prawns are a part of seafood culture and people who love seafood prefer prawns as their first choice. Prawns are made in different ways as appetizer, curry or any other dish form but the most popular is the coconut prawns. Prawns gel well with the coconut flavour. This recipe is quite easy and can be made at dinner or lunch time.
Recipe By: Pooja Gupta
Recipe Type: Appetizers
Prawns - 24
Lemon grass (finely chopped) - 20 g
Fresh red chilli (finely chopped) - 1
Coconut milk - ¼th cup
Basil (finely chopped) - ½ tsp
Lemon (grate zest) - 1
Panko crumbs - ½ cup
Flour - ½ cup
Eggs - 2
Toasted dry grated coconut - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Black pepper to taste
Oil - for frying
Chilli mayonnaise - 3 tbsp
1. Wash and peel the prawn and keep the tail intact.
2. Devein the prawns and pat dry and keep aside.
3. Marinate the prawns with coconut milk, fresh red chillies, basil, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
4. Take three bowls, in the first bowl place flour.
5. In the second bowl crack the eggs and whisk lightly with a fork.
6. In the third bowl mix panko and toasted coconut flakes.
7. Place the marinated prawns and coat lightly in flour, then dip in the egg wash and finally coat with the panko.
8. Heat oil in fryer and maintain the temp at 180 C and fry the prawn until golden brown.
9. Serve the prawns with chilli mayo.
- 1. You can use chilli flakes if you cannot find fresh red chillies.
- Serving Size - 2-3 pieces
- Calories - 310 cal
- Fat - 16 g
- Protein - 5 g
- Carbohydrates - 38 g
- Sugar - 25 g