- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: Prachi Tehlan's Character Is Revealed!
- News SC to hear Special Leave Petition filed by Nirbhaya's killer Pawan Kumar Gupta on Monday
- Sports India vs Australia, 3rd ODI: More satisfying as Smith, Warner and Labuschagne are there: Skipper Virat Kohli
- Technology Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone Vs Airtel: Best Prepaid Plans Under Rs. 450
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Chironji ka dalcha is a famous chironji lamb meat curry which is quite popular in Hyderabad.
In Hyderabad, the lamb is usually cooked with chana dal, but here Chef Abhishek Basu has used chironji instead of chana dal. In this recipe, the meat and chironji are cooked slowly to get the desired flavour and texture.
This dish revives its aromatic melt-in-your-mouth meat dish with a difference: no dal; only the beautiful, nutty flavour of the chironji. A bit eccentric and rather rich. Just like royalty.
Recipe By: Chef Abhishek Basu
Recipe Type: Main Course
Boneless lamb meat, cut into cubes - 250 g
Oil - ½ cup
Onion (cut into thin slices) - 1
Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Chilli powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - ¼th tsp
Chironji seeds (soaked overnight and dehusked) - 100 g
Curd (beaten) - ½ cup
Fresh coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Rub the chironji seeds and remove the husk from them. Discard the husk.
- Take a pressure cooker and put the recommended amount of oil in the pressure cooker.
- Heat the oil in the cooker for a minute or two.
- Get the onion slices and fry them till it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste to the onions.
- Make sure to add small amounts of water to the mixture.
- Add chilli powder, as it gives a sharp taste to it.
- Post that, add turmeric powder and salt to it along with the meat.
- Now, add curd to the mixture.
- Cook the meat well until the raw smell of the meat is gone.
- Now, add the chironji seeds along with the water to the mixture.
- Keep cooking till the meat is done. Check the dish for consistency. If the gravy is too thin, gently cook down to your consistency of choice.
- Finally, the dish is ready to be seasoned with fresh coriander, and topped with a little sprinkle of red chilli powder.
- The curd mixture is added, as it enhances the taste well and gives a creamy texture to the meat.
- Serving Size - 1 serving
- Calories - 311.5 cal
- Fat - 8 g
- Protein - 15 g
- Carbohydrates - 8 g