- 11 min ago International Aviation Day 2019: Significance Behind Celebrating This Day
- 36 min ago Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut And Other Divas Have Wedding-Perfect Neckpieces For Us
- 44 min ago 8 Myths About Live-In Relationships And Facts You Are Unsure About
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 07 December 2019
- Automobiles Husqvarna Svartpilen 250 & Vitpilen 250 Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- News Statue of Unity surpasses daily average footfall at Statue of Liberty
- Movies Most-Viewed Tamil Movies Of 2019 On OTT Platforms: Viswasam Tops The List!
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S11+ Battery And Display Features Tipped
- Sports Virat Kohli gets brutally honest with his batting: 'Young batsmen, don't watch'
- Finance SEBI Directs LIC, BoB And SBI To Reduce Stake In UTI AMC
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
- Education Pariksha Pe Charcha 2020: How To Participate In PPC 2020 Contest?
Beetroot and mascarpone salad is a beautiful salad recipe with a heap of textures and tasty flavours together. This recipe dresses up a potentially mundane vegetable, which no one likes to eat, by using the beetroot in two ways: raw and cooked.
It also includes a simple sauce that brings out the flavour of the beets without overpowering it. The flavour of the orange pulp all the more enhances the flavours of the beetroot.
Recipe By: Chef Noah Barnes
Recipe Type: Salad
Mix lettuce leaves - 200 g
Cooked beetroot - 2
Mascarpone cheese, crumbled - 2 x 200 g packs
Bocconccini - 1 cup
Fresh mint leaves (roughly chopped) - a bunch
Orange pulp - 1 fruit
For The Dressing:
Olive oil - 5 tbsp
Honey - 5 tbsp
Lemon juice - 5 tbsp
Dijon mustard - 1 tbsp
- Scatter the mix lettuce leaves onto a large platter. Clean the lettuce leaves properly before plating it, especially in monsoons.
- Slice the beetroot into proper small wedges and arrange on top of the mix lettuce.
- Now, scatter over the mascarpone cheese, chopped mint leaves, orange pulp and bocconccini cheese.
- To make the dressing, take a glass jar with a lid and put the oil, honey, lemon juice and mustard and shake well; keep it aside.
- When ready to be served, pour the dressing over the salad and toss lightly to combine it well.
- 1. Bocconcini are small mozzarella cheeses the size of an egg. Like other mozzarellas, they are semi-soft, white and rindless unripened mild cheese, which is easily available in a supermarket.
- 2. Mascarpone is an Italian cream cheese coagulated by the addition of certain acidic substances such as lemon juice, vinegar, citric acid or acetic acid, which is also readily available in a supermarket.
- Serving Size - 1 bowl
- Calories - 150 cal
- Fat - 6 g
- Protein - 3 g
- Carbohydrates - 21 g
- Sugar - 8 g