Healthy snacks for toddlers:
- See what your toddler loves to munch. The eating habits of toddlers are flexible therefore they don't stick to having particular food on a regular basis.
- Avoid giving snacks or food which are high in sugar because the bacteria in the mouth mix with the sugar and make a mild acid which attacks the teeth's hard outer layer. This in later age can lead to cavity.
- Fresh fruits or chopped raw vegetables with cheese are great toddler snacks. Vegetables like carrots and cucumber are healthy and tooth-friendly too!
- Dosa, idli, dhokla, vegetable cheese sandwich are light and healthy too.
- Toddlers love to dip the food and eat. So, give raw or cooked vegetables like beans and carrots with cheese or mayonnaise or cream.
- Fruit salads are nutritious and healthy snack for toddlers. Add cheese and decorate it well to make the child enjoy eating.
- Blueberries are healthy toddler snack ideas. Include blueberries in toddler diet as it contains vitamin C and antioxidants. Mix with Greek yogurt to make a delicious dessert which is nutritious and healthy for the toddler. It is filling and controls hunger.
- If you are giving sweets for snacks to your toddler, follow it with an alkaline drink such as milk to neutralise the acid in the mouth.
- Cut mango, banana, apple and grapes and mix them with cream. This is a nutritious fresh fruit salad which is liked by toddlers. Don't forget to cut the grapes to avoid choking. Even apple slices with peanut butter are toddlers favourite.
- Scrambled or boiled egg is nutritious toddler diet snack which is filled with nutrients, vitamins and proteins.
- Steamed corn, whole grain crackers, mashed potato chaat, steamed sprouts salad are easy to make toddler snacks and healthy too.
Try these toddler snack ideas and include them in the diet to keep them healthy and active.
Story first published: Wednesday, September 28, 2011, 16:31 [IST]