- 57 min ago India Emerged Successfully In The Management Of Covid-19 Pandemic: Mansukh Mandaviya
- 58 min ago Mercury Transit In Gemini On 02 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 58 min ago Indira Ekadashi 2022:- Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Associated Legend, And Significance
- 3 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope, 26 June To 02 July 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- News WATCH: Bavarian band welcomes PM Modi in Germany
- Technology Google Donates 30,000 Pixel Phones To Ukraine, Afghanistan Refugees
- Finance 4 Stocks That Investors Could Buy Next Week For Good Gains
- Automobiles Ford India Extends Production At Its Chennai Facility Amidst Protest
- Sports Rohit Sharma tests positive for Covid-19, in isolation; doubtful for July 1 Test against England at Edgbaston
- Movies Cobra: Chiyaan Vikram To Play 20 Characters in The Ajay Gnanamuthu Directorial?
- Education TS EAMCET Hall Ticket 2022 Released At eamcet.tsche.ac.in, Download Admit Card Here
- Travel 5 Best Easy Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
Early contractions sound scary but they are pretty common among pregnant women. If you are in between 24-32 weeks pregnant, you may notice some early signs of labour. First of all, do not get alarmed immediately. Sometimes, too much of stretching of the uterine walls can cause early contractions. You need to press the panic button only when these uterine contractions go on for a prolonged period of time.
But before know what to do when you are in preterm labor, you need to understand exactly how these early contractions feel. Most women mistake stomach gas and baby movements as preterm labor. So here is a detailed study on how to recognise early uterine contractions.
What Do Contractions Feel Like...
Most uterine contractions radiate from the back. You will feel a sharp pain radiating from your back to your pelvis regularly. Do not confuse this with the normal back pain that is common during pregnancy. This will be a radiating pain.
Tightening Of The Abdomen
The easiest way to identify uterine contractions is to see if your stomach tightens. Your stomach will tighten up along with a painful scrunch and release again. This will happen at regular intervals. If this goes on for more than an hour, you need to get to a hospital and seek help as it may be preterm labor.
Labor pain is considered to be the highest measure of pain that any human being goes through. So if you feel excruciating pain in your upper or lower abdomen, it could be the beginning of early contractions.
Most often, the water bursts soon after the uterine contractions start. So if you feel watery discharge along with abdominal pain, you need to see a doctor immediately. Slight bleeding is also not uncommon during preterm labor.
Don't Confuse Contractions With...
After you are 24 weeks pregnant, your baby will start moving more aggressively in your tummy. Sometimes, these movements might cause sharp pains and tightening of your baby bump. Do not confuse these baby movement with early contractions.
As you enter the last trimester of your pregnancy, you will start becoming increasingly gassy. Your stomach is being pushed up and the gas doesn't have any space to move around. Sometimes, the movements of stomach gas can also be remarkably similar to contractions.
Pregnancy is a time of rapid metabolic activity. That is why, you start getting very hungry in your second trimester. These hunger pangs can make your stomach growl. Hunger pangs are very common in the middle of the night. So keep some midnight snacks ready and don't press the panic button.
- kidsMonkeypox In Children: Symptoms To Watch Out For And More Details
- basicsCommon Diseases In Children, Their Symptoms And How To Prevent Them
- basicsExpert Article: The Rising Trend Of Caesarean Sections (C-Section)
- prenatalWhat Does It Mean To Have Placenta Previa Or Low Lying Placenta? Symptoms, Causes And Treatments
- prenatalWhat Is A Mucus Plug? What Does Losing Your Mucus Plug Mean During Pregnancy?
- prenatalPregnancy And Skin: What To Know About Linea Nigra And Its Causes, Symptoms And Management
- prenatalWhat Is Braxton-Hicks Contractions Or False Labour Pain? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- babyCan Babies Be Depressed? Causes, Symptoms And Treatment Of Baby Depression (Paediatric Depression)
- prenatalExpert Article: Diabetes And Pregnancy
- kids11 Physical Symptoms In Children That Parents Should Pay Extra Attention To And Expert Tips
- prenatalCommon Gastrointestinal Problems During Pregnancy
- prenatalGreen Tea During Pregnancy: Is It Safe?