- Movies Shah Rukh Khan Says Being Indian Takes Precedence At His Home Over Religion. WATCH NOW!
- News Hyderabad Police arrests Bhim Army Chief Chandrashekhar Azad
- Sports I League: Real Kashmir overcome Indian Arrows to get back to winning ways
- Technology Benefits Of Amazon Prime Subscription That You Probably Didn't Know
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Prenatal vitamins are specially formulated multivitamins which are a supplement for nutritional deficiencies in the pregnant woman's diet. These supplements consists of vitamins and minerals, folic acid, calcium and iron which keeps the baby and mother healthy.
Lets have a look at the important prenatal pregnancy vitamins:
Folic acid: Also known as folate or B complex, folic acid during pregnancy helps in cellular growth, increases the hemoglobin production and reduces the chances of having a baby with serious birth defect of brain and spinal cord. It also prevents heart diseases, nervous disorders and cancer like breast cancer and prostate cancer which occur among pregnant women. Daily consumption of 400 mg of folic acid during pregnancy is good for both the mother and baby.
Food: Spinach, lentils, beetroot, brussel sprouts, egg, broccoli, potato, soya products and split peas are folic rich food during pregnancy. Almonds, banana, oranges, peach and nuts are fruits and dry fruits which have folic acid.
Calcium: Having calcium rich food prevents the pregnant woman from losing her bone density as the fetus uses the minerals for bone growth. Calcium deficiency can cause health disorders, heart diseases and bone diseases like osteoporosis. So, have calcium rich food.
Food: Apart from milk and milk products, grains, cereals, fish, green leafy vegetables like beetroot and turnip greens, drumstick and fenugreek leaves are rich source of calcium. If you love spicy food then spices like cumin, coriander, cloves, mustard seeds, asafoetida (hing) and oregano (ajwain) are calcium rich spices.
Iron: Iron makes also make up the prenatal pregnancy vitamins list. Intake of iron rich food helps in the prenatal and postnatal stages. Iron improves hemoglobin production and also helps both the mother and baby's blood carry oxygen.
Food: Kidney beans, spinach, finger millet (ragi), fenugreek, sprouts, carrot, museli, tofu, chickpeas, barley, green beans, bran flakes, soyabeans, lentils, apricots, corn, potato and tomatoes are rich in iron content. Raisins, bread, almonds and dates are iron rich dry fruits.
So, to ensure good health of mother and baby, follow these prenatal pregnancy vitamins filled diet food.