- Sports Messi hat-trick breaks La Liga record as Barca put five past Mallorca
- News Law and order has broken down, Modi is 'mute', says Cong as crimes against women continues
- Technology Netflix Plans To Invest Rs. 3,000 Crore On Content In India
- Movies Zee Rishtey Awards 2019 Winners List: Sriti Jha, Shabbir, Dheeraj, Shraddha & Others Bag Awards
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Prenatal vitamins are specially formulated multivitamins which are a supplement for nutritional deficiencies in the pregnant woman's diet. These supplements consists of vitamins and minerals, folic acid, calcium and iron which keeps the baby and mother healthy.
Lets have a look at the important prenatal pregnancy vitamins:
Folic acid: Also known as folate or B complex, folic acid during pregnancy helps in cellular growth, increases the hemoglobin production and reduces the chances of having a baby with serious birth defect of brain and spinal cord. It also prevents heart diseases, nervous disorders and cancer like breast cancer and prostate cancer which occur among pregnant women. Daily consumption of 400 mg of folic acid during pregnancy is good for both the mother and baby.
Food: Spinach, lentils, beetroot, brussel sprouts, egg, broccoli, potato, soya products and split peas are folic rich food during pregnancy. Almonds, banana, oranges, peach and nuts are fruits and dry fruits which have folic acid.
Calcium: Having calcium rich food prevents the pregnant woman from losing her bone density as the fetus uses the minerals for bone growth. Calcium deficiency can cause health disorders, heart diseases and bone diseases like osteoporosis. So, have calcium rich food.
Food: Apart from milk and milk products, grains, cereals, fish, green leafy vegetables like beetroot and turnip greens, drumstick and fenugreek leaves are rich source of calcium. If you love spicy food then spices like cumin, coriander, cloves, mustard seeds, asafoetida (hing) and oregano (ajwain) are calcium rich spices.
Iron: Iron makes also make up the prenatal pregnancy vitamins list. Intake of iron rich food helps in the prenatal and postnatal stages. Iron improves hemoglobin production and also helps both the mother and baby's blood carry oxygen.
Food: Kidney beans, spinach, finger millet (ragi), fenugreek, sprouts, carrot, museli, tofu, chickpeas, barley, green beans, bran flakes, soyabeans, lentils, apricots, corn, potato and tomatoes are rich in iron content. Raisins, bread, almonds and dates are iron rich dry fruits.
So, to ensure good health of mother and baby, follow these prenatal pregnancy vitamins filled diet food.