- News Kerala Lottery Win Win W-549 today lottery result LIVE
- Technology 5 Apps To Buy Medicines Right From Your Smartphone
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam Season 2 Update: Double Elimination & Wild Cart Entries This Weekend!
- Sports Kobe Bryant dead: How the Lakers legend became an all-time great
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
As we have discussed about the herbs to be taken during pregnancy in the previous article, there are pregnancy herbs which are to be strictly avoided in pregnancy. Following is the list of herbs types to avoid during in pregnancy stage:
Dong Quai: Though it is a medicinal cure for menstrual problems, pregnant women should not take this herb as it may cause the uterus to contract therefore increase the risk of miscarriage.
Ephedra: This is considered as a herb to lose weight but now its consumption has been banned in the market as it is found harmful on the body. Ephedra herb during pregnancy can cause high blood pressure, heart attacks or strokes, seizures and irregular heart rhythm which are harmful to the pregnant woman and her fetus.
Goldenseal: This type of herb if taken orally may cross the placenta during the gestation so it should be avoided during pregnancy.
Passion flower: When used orally, this type of herb can affect the central nervous system and might increase the effect of anesthesia and other medications on the brain during and after the delivery. This herb should be avoided during pregnancy as it leads the uterus to contract and has impact on the breast feeding.
Black Cohosh: It is a herb type used to reduce the labor pain but studies have found that it has side effects on the baby. Taking black cohosh especially in the first two trimesters or early in the third trimester may lead to miscarriage or cause premature delivery. It is also taken in combination with blue cohosh by few women. So, it is recommended to consult your doctor before taking this herb.
Soda and Coffee: Caffeine should be avoided during pregnancy as it irritates the uterus and its consumption in excessive amounts can cause premature delivery or miscarriage.