- 7 hrs ago Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- 1 day ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 1 day ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 1 day ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Jaipur Pink Panthers Vs U Mumba: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- News Karnataka Floor Test: Lone BSP MLA Mahesh to skip floor test tomorrow
- Movies Kiara Advani Goes All Emotional As Kabir Singh Completes One Month!
- Technology 10 Useful Touch Gestures For Chrome On iPhone
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Automobiles Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Celebrities initiated the new craze to shed baby flab immediately after the childbirth in new mums. However this tendency is not a healthy one. Overdoing early weight loss attempts could have a negative impact on breastfeeding.
Weight gain during pregnancy is not only normal but also necessary. The mother"s body has to nourish the growing baby and her body needs to take on more fluid to support the extra circulation the placenta and baby need. Some of this added weight would usually be lost as soon as the baby is born.
Often, the extra effort women have to make to look after a new baby and breastfeed after giving birth means the kilos just melt away without effort. But for about half of all women, the weight will not go away as quickly. Women who have become overweight or more overweight during pregnancy have a higher chance of ongoing weight problems if they are not back to a normal weight within six months or a year after having a baby.
One thing that pregnant women can take care is not to overeat. They can neglect the advice to eat for two to avoid the future weight gaining. Avoiding weight problems after birth means already being careful about balanced and healthy eating during pregnancy.
Exercise is important when people are overweight, but after pregnancy, a lot of exercise does not necessarily help a great deal. The evidence shows that a balanced diet helps “with or without extra exercise".
Experts from German Institute for Quality and Efficiency in Health Care (IQWIG) conducted this study.