- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 10 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 11 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 12 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Nowadays, even adults have forgotten the art of healthy eating. That is why junk foods have made their way into our lives. But now, a new study revealed the benefits of mindful eating in kids.
If kids were taught how to mindfully eat their meal like a holy ritual, they tend to embrace healthy eating habits and maintain healthy weight.
As a part of the study, health experts observed and tracked two groups of kids around 300 kids in each group. The first group was allowed to eat as their wish whereas the second group was trained in mindful eating habits.
The group that was taught to eat mindfully gradually made it a habit to consciously eat with awareness every bit of the meal irrespective of what they were served. The digestion was improved in those kids. Also, more nutrients were absorbed by them compared to the other group.
Also, as time passed by, the kids who ate mindfully made healthy choices of food voluntarily. Generally, kids love unhealthy foods and tend to hate healthy foods. But when they were made to mindfully eat appreciating the flavour of every natural food, kids began to appreciate even healthy foods.
Therefore, health experts recommend training kids to eat mindfully and treat eating as a ritual that has to be carefully carried out like prayer in the daily activities.