- 2 hrs ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour Finale 2020: Priyanka Chopra Looks Stunning In GraphicLiner And High Bun
- 4 hrs ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour 2020 Finale: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Graces The Ramp In A Black Gown
- 4 hrs ago How To Gain Weight In A Healthy Way?
- 10 hrs ago 20 Best Foods Rich In Vitamin K
- Sports Leicester City 0-1 Manchester City: Jesus strikes late after Aguero penalty miss
- Movies Rupesh Bane From Mumbai Is The Winner Of Dance Plus 5
- News Nationalism, 'Bharat mata ki jai' being misused to construct militant idea of India: Manmohan Singh
- Technology NASA Insight Lander To Help Mars Mole Probe Make A Move
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Children have a different set of nutritional requirements, as they are in their growing stage. A complete nutrition is vital for them that can be provided by some super foods. Certain foods that children consume can affect their learning and problem-solving skills. It even affects their ability to concentrate.
Studies have concluded that the foods that contain essential vitamins and minerals have the potential to boost the brain power. Like the body, the brain also absorbs the nutrients from the foods.
A child's brain needs energy to stay focussed, for continuous learning and to help their brain function to the fullest. Hence, providing the children with healthy and nutrient-rich foods can help them to do well in school. Brain regulates the functions of other organs in the body.
The right kind of food enhances the cognitive ability, mood and memory in children. Therefore, always ensure that your child eats a balanced diet that is high in essential nutrients. In this article, we at Boldsky will be sharing with you some of the super foods that are required for a child's brain development. Read to know more about it.
Berries: Berries such as blueberries and strawberries are in high in antioxidants. These antioxidants improve the cognitive skills and ability to think in children. This food improves the memory power too. The vitamin C content present in it improves the immune system as well.
Egg: Egg is one of the nutritious foods that is necessary for an overall development of a child. Eggs are packed with proteins and nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein and zinc. These nutrients are necessary for the development and functioning of the brain.
Yoghurt: Yoghurt is the best source of protein, fat and vitamin B. The fat present in yoghurt is necessary for developing brain health. This fat keeps the brain membranes flexible and also helps in the transfer of nerve messages.
Fish: Fish can be regarded as an excellent brain food. It contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. These nutrients protect the cognitive ability of a child and prevent memory loss. Tuna, salmon and sardine are good sources of omega-3 fatty acids that are vital for cognitive functioning and brain development.
Oatmeal: Oatmeal is rich in fibre and proteins that help keep the arteries of the brain and heart clear. According to a study conducted, children who consumed oatmeal were better at problem solving and memory tasks than those who did not. Oatmeal also provides quick boost of energy to children.