- 6 hrs ago Kate Middleton And Meghan Markle Make A Strong Case For Red; Whose Attire You Liked More?
- 6 hrs ago Kadai Paneer Recipe: Here's How To Prepare The Paneer Dish At Home
- 7 hrs ago DRDO’s Anti-COVID Drug Named 2-DG Cleared For Emergency Use In India By DCGI: All You Need To Know
- 7 hrs ago Eid-Ul-Fitr 2021: Cool Gift Ideas For Your Loved Ones Within Budget
- Movies Jamai Raja Fame Ravi Dubey Tests Positive For Coronavirus; Shares Post On Social Media
- News WHO classifies Indian Covid strain as 'variant of concern'
- Sports Bengaluru FC returns from Maldives, goes into mandatory quarantine
- Finance Understanding ‘A', ‘B', ‘Z', ‘T' And ‘S' Group Of Stocks On BSE
- Automobiles Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- Technology Xiaomi Patents Internal Flip Camera Smartphone; When To Expect Its Launch?
- Education Assam Class 11 Exams 2021 Cancelled, AHSEC Promotes Students Without Exams
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Children have a different set of nutritional requirements, as they are in their growing stage. A complete nutrition is vital for them that can be provided by some super foods. Certain foods that children consume can affect their learning and problem-solving skills. It even affects their ability to concentrate.
Studies have concluded that the foods that contain essential vitamins and minerals have the potential to boost the brain power. Like the body, the brain also absorbs the nutrients from the foods.
A child's brain needs energy to stay focussed, for continuous learning and to help their brain function to the fullest. Hence, providing the children with healthy and nutrient-rich foods can help them to do well in school. Brain regulates the functions of other organs in the body.
The right kind of food enhances the cognitive ability, mood and memory in children. Therefore, always ensure that your child eats a balanced diet that is high in essential nutrients. In this article, we at Boldsky will be sharing with you some of the super foods that are required for a child's brain development. Read to know more about it.
Berries: Berries such as blueberries and strawberries are in high in antioxidants. These antioxidants improve the cognitive skills and ability to think in children. This food improves the memory power too. The vitamin C content present in it improves the immune system as well.
Egg: Egg is one of the nutritious foods that is necessary for an overall development of a child. Eggs are packed with proteins and nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein and zinc. These nutrients are necessary for the development and functioning of the brain.
Yoghurt: Yoghurt is the best source of protein, fat and vitamin B. The fat present in yoghurt is necessary for developing brain health. This fat keeps the brain membranes flexible and also helps in the transfer of nerve messages.
Fish: Fish can be regarded as an excellent brain food. It contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. These nutrients protect the cognitive ability of a child and prevent memory loss. Tuna, salmon and sardine are good sources of omega-3 fatty acids that are vital for cognitive functioning and brain development.
Oatmeal: Oatmeal is rich in fibre and proteins that help keep the arteries of the brain and heart clear. According to a study conducted, children who consumed oatmeal were better at problem solving and memory tasks than those who did not. Oatmeal also provides quick boost of energy to children.