- 39 min ago Santa Claus Looks For Male Partner In Controversial Norway Ad, With Some Positive Reactions, Too
- 1 hr ago INSACOG Closely Tracking New COVID-19 Variant, Presence Not Yet Detected In India: Officials
- 16 hrs ago What Is En Caul Birth? Kashmir Reports First Ever Case Of 'Veiled' Childbirth
- 18 hrs ago Patralekhaa’s Pink Glittery Eye Makeup Is Ideal For Parties; Here’s How To Achieve It
- Technology Infinix's First 5G Phone Zero 5G Renders Reveal Design; 120Hz Display, Dimensity 900 Chip Tipped
- Finance Paytm Q2 Loss Widens To Rs 473 Cr
- Movies Kumkum Bhagya: Prachi Aka Mugdha Chaphekar Talks About LEAP; Reveals Major TWIST!
- News Composer Stephen Sondheim dies, aged 91
- Sports India in quarters of women's doubles, mixed doubles at World Championships
- Education Kerala Plus One Result 2021 Declared At keralaresults.nic.in, Check DHSE Result Here
- Automobiles 30,000 Nissan Magnite SUVs Delivered India
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Srinagar
Children have a different set of nutritional requirements, as they are in their growing stage. A complete nutrition is vital for them that can be provided by some super foods. Certain foods that children consume can affect their learning and problem-solving skills. It even affects their ability to concentrate.
Studies have concluded that the foods that contain essential vitamins and minerals have the potential to boost the brain power. Like the body, the brain also absorbs the nutrients from the foods.
A child's brain needs energy to stay focussed, for continuous learning and to help their brain function to the fullest. Hence, providing the children with healthy and nutrient-rich foods can help them to do well in school. Brain regulates the functions of other organs in the body.
The right kind of food enhances the cognitive ability, mood and memory in children. Therefore, always ensure that your child eats a balanced diet that is high in essential nutrients. In this article, we at Boldsky will be sharing with you some of the super foods that are required for a child's brain development. Read to know more about it.
Berries: Berries such as blueberries and strawberries are in high in antioxidants. These antioxidants improve the cognitive skills and ability to think in children. This food improves the memory power too. The vitamin C content present in it improves the immune system as well.
Egg: Egg is one of the nutritious foods that is necessary for an overall development of a child. Eggs are packed with proteins and nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein and zinc. These nutrients are necessary for the development and functioning of the brain.
Yoghurt: Yoghurt is the best source of protein, fat and vitamin B. The fat present in yoghurt is necessary for developing brain health. This fat keeps the brain membranes flexible and also helps in the transfer of nerve messages.
Fish: Fish can be regarded as an excellent brain food. It contains omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D. These nutrients protect the cognitive ability of a child and prevent memory loss. Tuna, salmon and sardine are good sources of omega-3 fatty acids that are vital for cognitive functioning and brain development.
Oatmeal: Oatmeal is rich in fibre and proteins that help keep the arteries of the brain and heart clear. According to a study conducted, children who consumed oatmeal were better at problem solving and memory tasks than those who did not. Oatmeal also provides quick boost of energy to children.