Of course, nobody would use birth control in first trimester if they knew that they're pregnant. In rare cases, pregnancy may also occur while one is using oral contraceptives.
In such a case, you may not even know that you are pregnant and may continue taking contraceptives.
But once you realise that you are pregnant, you may worry whether the contraceptives you have taken have done any harm to the foetus.
Also Read: Does Rigorous Exercise Cause Harm To Foetus?
Health experts say that in some cases, women tend to use birth control pills during the first trimester without knowing.
Is It Dangerous?
Currently, there isn't sufficient evidence to say that birth control pills do significant damage to the foetus.
Do Hormones Harm Foetus?
Many women think that the hormones of the oral contraceptives could cause birth defects. Actually, it is better to immediately stop taking the contraceptives.
Also Read:7 Ways Pregnant Women Affect The Foetus
What Health Experts Say?
Health experts claim that the risk of ectopic pregnancy may increase if a woman takes progestin pill unknowingly after getting pregnant.
What Are The Risks?
Though many think that the risk of preterm birth, low-birth weight and defects in the urinary system of the foetus may increase, health experts claim that the risk is very low.
Why Consult A Doctor?
Though the risks are very low, it is advisable to rush to the doctor and get yourself tested if you think that you are pregnant and have used contraceptives.
The risk of those pills harming the foetus is very low. Even the risk of miscarriage is very low. But still consult a doctor.
- Things You Probably Did Not Know About Pregnancy Hormones
- Ways To Cure Constipation Problem During Pregnancy
- 25 Amazing Skin, Hair, And Health Benefits Of Sapota
- Toothache During Pregnancy And Remedies To Cure It
- How Can You Avoid Pregnancy Naturally?
- Does The Same Blood Group Affect Pregnancy?
- What No One Told You About Pregnancy
- Why Do You Crave Ice When Pregnant?
- How To Avoid An Episiotomy During Child Birth
- How Does Thyroid Affect Pregnancy?
- Advantages Of Having Watermelon During Pregnancy
- Dealing With Pregnancy Fears: For Dads To Be