- 7 min ago The Wild Dog Actress Saiyami Kher Flaunts Two Stunning Outfits; Which One Will You Pick?
- 28 min ago Ramadan 2021: Tips For A Stronger Immune System When Fasting
- 37 min ago Ramadan 2021: Some Myths And Facts Associated That One Need To Know
- 1 hr ago Ram Navami 2021: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On This Day
- Finance Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana: How To Check Your Name In The List Of Beneficiaries?
- Movies Shaan Trashes Rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh's Songs; Says Anyone Can Sing Them
- News Haryana cancels Class 10 board exam, postpones Class 12 exam
- Technology Amazon Sony Audio Days 2021: Discount Offer On Headphones, Speakers, Home Theatre, And More
- Education MPBSE MP Board Exam 2021 Postponed For Class 10, 12 Amid Covid Crisis
- Sports IPL 2021: Williamson is coming along well, says Bayliss
- Automobiles Land Rover Defender 130 Gun Bus Designed By Prince Philip To Be Used For His Last Journey
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
Of course, nobody would use birth control in first trimester if they knew that they're pregnant. In rare cases, pregnancy may also occur while one is using oral contraceptives.
In such a case, you may not even know that you are pregnant and may continue taking contraceptives.
But once you realise that you are pregnant, you may worry whether the contraceptives you have taken have done any harm to the foetus.
Health experts say that in some cases, women tend to use birth control pills during the first trimester without knowing.
Is It Dangerous?
Currently, there isn't sufficient evidence to say that birth control pills do significant damage to the foetus.
Do Hormones Harm Foetus?
Many women think that the hormones of the oral contraceptives could cause birth defects. Actually, it is better to immediately stop taking the contraceptives.
What Health Experts Say?
Health experts claim that the risk of ectopic pregnancy may increase if a woman takes progestin pill unknowingly after getting pregnant.
What Are The Risks?
Though many think that the risk of preterm birth, low-birth weight and defects in the urinary system of the foetus may increase, health experts claim that the risk is very low.
Why Consult A Doctor?
Though the risks are very low, it is advisable to rush to the doctor and get yourself tested if you think that you are pregnant and have used contraceptives.
The risk of those pills harming the foetus is very low. Even the risk of miscarriage is very low. But still consult a doctor.