- 1 hr ago First Aid For Acid Attacks: What You Can Do As A Witness
- 1 hr ago Anand Mahindra Says We Should Stop Making Excuses After Watching 72-YO Woman's Workout Video
- 1 hr ago 10 Amazing Tips To Ensure That You Have A Perfect Manicure At Home
- 1 hr ago #ThisHappened2019: Most-Mentioned Politicians On Twitter In India
- Technology ISRO Successfully Launches Risat Surveillance, Nine Commercial Satellites In 21 Minutes
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan’s Hands Shake When Shooting Intimate Scenes; Says He Uses A Trick To Make It Easier
- News Citizenship Bill protests: CM Sarbananda Sonowal stranded at Guwahati airport
- Sports Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, 1st Test: Pakistan hit back with the ball in long-awaited Test on home soil
- Finance Facebook, Google No Longer In The List Of Top 10 Workplaces
- Travel 10 Best Places In India To Enjoy Christmas Vacation With Family
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Of course, nobody would use birth control in first trimester if they knew that they're pregnant. In rare cases, pregnancy may also occur while one is using oral contraceptives.
In such a case, you may not even know that you are pregnant and may continue taking contraceptives.
But once you realise that you are pregnant, you may worry whether the contraceptives you have taken have done any harm to the foetus.
Health experts say that in some cases, women tend to use birth control pills during the first trimester without knowing.
Is It Dangerous?
Currently, there isn't sufficient evidence to say that birth control pills do significant damage to the foetus.
Do Hormones Harm Foetus?
Many women think that the hormones of the oral contraceptives could cause birth defects. Actually, it is better to immediately stop taking the contraceptives.
What Health Experts Say?
Health experts claim that the risk of ectopic pregnancy may increase if a woman takes progestin pill unknowingly after getting pregnant.
What Are The Risks?
Though many think that the risk of preterm birth, low-birth weight and defects in the urinary system of the foetus may increase, health experts claim that the risk is very low.
Why Consult A Doctor?
Though the risks are very low, it is advisable to rush to the doctor and get yourself tested if you think that you are pregnant and have used contraceptives.
The risk of those pills harming the foetus is very low. Even the risk of miscarriage is very low. But still consult a doctor.