- Technology Nokia 6.2 Retails At Its Lowest Ever Price: Should You Buy?
- News Accused showed no remorse, escape bid pre-planned, sources on Hyderabad encounter
- Movies Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Live Audience Reaction
- Finance Allcargo Jumps 4% On Acquisition Announcement, Gati Falls 5%
- Sports NBA wrap: Rockets overcome Raptors, 76ers beaten
- Travel 8 Most Relaxing Beaches In India To Visit In December
- Automobiles MG ZS EV Electric SUV Unveiled For Indian Market: Range, Features, Specifications & Details
- Education Indian Navy Day: 5 Amazing Facts Students Should Know
Pregnancy is surely a period which demands many sacrifices from a woman. Even if you are tempted to eat your favourite junk food, you can't do that when you are pregnant.
Apart from that, even cosmetics are also in the list of things that are to be avoided by pregnant women. But why? Well, exposure to certain chemicals is bad during pregnancy.
Also Read: Tips For Brain Development Of Your Baby
What are the cosmetics which should be kept at a distance and why? Well, let us discuss about that in this post.
Endocrine disruptors! Keep them away! Products that contain ingredients that are endocrine disruptors are dangerous during pregnancy. Why? They impact your hormones.
Names Of Some Endocrine Disruptors
BPA, atrazine, phthalates, dioxin and perchlorate are some of the endocrine disruptors.
What Do They Do?
They affect your endocrine system, could cause birth defects, tumours and even developmental issues in the foetus. They disturb hormonal action.
Where Do You Find Them?
They are in most of the cosmetics. For example, perfumes contain phthalates.
What To Do?
Either avoid using cosmetics or choose products which are free of such ingredients like BPA, phthalates and parabens.
Even some prescription beauty products like lotions or creams could be harmful to the foetus. Without consulting your gynecologist it is better not to use any skin care product during pregnancy.
What About Hair Dye?
If your hair colour contains ammonia, avoid it. It could affect both lungs and skin.
Methylbenzene and toluene are harmful ingredients present in some nail polish products. Both of them have a carcinogenic effect.
Hair Removal Cream? Lipstick?
Even creams used for hair removal are toxic. They contain thioglycolic acid. Try to avoid the usage of cosmetics as much as possible during pregnancy. Consult your gynecologist if you have any doubts about this.