- 10 min ago How To Mind Our Minds During COVID-19 Lockdown
- 20 min ago How To Wash Curly Hair To Keep Them Beautiful And Bouncy
- 1 hr ago Rashami Desai Dresses Up In Gorgeous Patiala Suit And Jewellery To Celebrate Rama Navami At Home
- 2 hrs ago Esha Gupta Flaunts Her Printed Top And Boots And This Is How She Wished Quarantine Should Look Like
- Movies Jasmin Bhasin Doesn’t See Herself In Bigg Boss: ‘I Cannot Be Manipulative And Diplomatic'
- Sports COVID-19 lockdown: India's lone woman Paralympic medalist to feed daily wagers
- Finance Women Jan Dhan Account Holders Can Withdraw Rs 500 From 3 April In Sequence
- News Lockdown violators should be booked under IPC: Centre
- Technology Redmi Band, The Brand’s First Wearable Could Be Launched On April 3
- Automobiles Suzuki Katana Unveiled In Two New Paint Schemes: Here Are All The Details
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In April
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
Pregnancy isn't easy. It is a tough journey every mother takes up to welcome the baby to this world.
Also Read : Healthy Foods For Vegetarian Pregnant Women
Many changes start occurring in the woman's body from the day of conception till the day of delivery.
And some changes seem weird too. For example, when a woman is pregnant, suddenly the regular footwear she wears also feels tight. That's because feet might swell a bit during pregnancy.
Also Read : Essential Nutrients Required During Pregnancy
Now, here are some lesser known facts related to pregnancy....
During pregnancy, the uterus is said to expand at least 500 times more than its actual size.
When a pregnant women eats food, the baby first absorbs the necessary nutrients and this could sometimes leave the mother deficient of certain nutrients. Iron deficiency during pregnancy is one example.
Some studies say that babies pass urine while they are inside the womb. The passed urine again gets consumed!
During pregnancy, the bones in the body are said to soften a bit. Hormones like relaxin and estrogen are secreted more in order to relax the ligaments.
The average weight gain of pregnant women could be around 10 to 15 kilos but only around 36% of the weight gain is of the baby.
High levels of hormones could also make the skin dry. When the skin tears, stretch marks are also formed. Using a moisturiser may help.
Though many women think that breast feeding could alter the shape of the breast, the fact is pregnancy causes more changes in the shape of the breasts.
Some studies say that even the heart and the feet of pregnant women expand during pregnancy just like the uterus!