- 1 hr ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 1 hr ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 3 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- 3 hrs ago Penile Allergy: Causes, Home Remedies And Prevention
- Sports South Asian Games: Vikas Krishan & Pinki Rani win gold as India finish boxing campaign with 16 medals
- Technology RedmiBook 13 With Intel Core i5/i7 Announced For Around Rs. 43,500
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Reportedly Walks Out Of Awards Show After Organizers Break Promise On Award
- News Concerned over restrictions on fundamental freedom in Kashmir: EU
- Finance Bank Of Baroda Lowers Lending Rate By 20bps
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Home pregnancy test kits are a good way to know what's going on with your romantic life. But wait; are they totally reliable?
Well, it is always better to go to a gynecologist's clinic to confirm your pregnancy or lack of it. Home test kits are only partially reliable.
Also Read: Interesting Facts About Pregnancy
But they allow privacy and that is why they are used widely. Also, couples who haven't yet married, feel uncomfortable to go to a clinic for a pregnancy test. That is one reason why they choose a home test kit. But here are some reasons why it isn't a good idea...
The test kit comes with a set of instructions. When they aren't followed properly, the results may not be accurate!
After some time, the test kit turns dry (the urine drops evaporate). That is when both of the lines in test kit appear dark and that looks like a 'positive' result.
Also Read: How To Tighten Loose Belly Skin After Pregnancy
The test kit works by detecting HCG levels present in the women's urine. Testing a bit early could give a false negative result.
Some test kits deliver false positive reports. When it is an unplanned pregnancy, a false positive creates panic.
Also Read: Myths About Lovemaking During Pregnancy
For couples who are trying hard to conceive, a false negative could cause depression.
Apart from all these things, surveys claim that single women who get a false positive feel guilty and try home abortion methods that are dangerous to health.
Some medications can also impact the test results showing a false negative or a false positive.
Also Read: Physiological Changes During Pregnancy
Some drugs that contain HCG, some tranquilizers, some diuretics and some other medications could also interfere with the test results.
Even certain medical problems like liver issues and tumours (reproductive) could kill the accuracy of the test results.