- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 10 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 11 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 12 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Technology Upcoming Samsung Premium Smartphones Expected To Launch In 2020
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
A woman's body undergoes many changes during pregnancy. All those changes occur in order to prepare the body for the development of the foetus.
Some changes are not felt at the surface level but they occur inside whereas some changes have external manifestation.
Also Read: How Breast Milk Changes With Time
The human body is intelligent enough to do everything possible to help the baby step into the external world after 9 months. Let us discuss about what any mother goes through those 9 months...
Changes In Respiratory System
The rate of respiration increases. This is due to the growing demands of the foetus. Sometimes, breathlessness could also occur.
Changes In Urinary System
As the uterus expands, the bladder could experience some amount of pressure. Also, the kidneys tend to work harder to eliminate wastes. This could cause frequent urination.
Also Read: Myths About Lovemaking During Pregnancy
Changes In Cardiovascular System
Heart rate and cardiac output could increase due to the growing foetus. Blood pressure could decrease after the second trimester.
Changes In Abdomen
As the midsection expands to accommodate the baby, some women may experience pain at the sides of the abdomen. Some may also experience back pain as the body adjusts itself by realigning the muscles and skeleton to carry the baby.
Changes In Endocrine System
Metabolic rate could increase due to the hormonal surges. Some women could also experience hot flashes.
Also Read: Why You Must Wear A Maternity Belt
Changes In Gastrointestinal System
As the uterus bulges a bit, visceral organs could displace a bit due to which acid reflux could occur. In some women, constipation could also occur due to relaxation of certain muscles because of progesterone.
Changes In Breasts
Due to the rising progesterone and estrogen levels, tenderness of the breasts is commonly experienced by many women. Also, the size of the breasts could increase by the time of the delivery. This happens to prepare the body to feed the baby.
Also Read: Facts About Baby Kicks
Stretch marks could occur, hormones could cause nail and hair growth, feet could swell and body temperature could increase. This way, many changes occur in the body during pregnancy.