- 46 min ago Studies Show Cabbage Can Reduce The Risk Of Certain Cancers
- 1 hr ago Pongal 2020: Kajol And Other Divas Have Pongal-Perfect Outfit Suggestions For You
- 2 hrs ago Are You Cleaning Your Jade Roller? Here’s How To Clean Your Jade Roller And Why Should You Do It
- 2 hrs ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- Finance 5 Best Health Insurance Plans in India
- News Shocking UP crime: Two women’s bodies found, one burnt; another without clothes, doused with acid
- Movies Epic Fam Jam: 5 Reasons Why You Need To Attend India's Biggest Fan Festival
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Get Exciting Deals On OnePlus 7T Series, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Sports Sania Mirza and Nadiia Kichenok grab Hobart International title
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
A new study claims that making certain lifestyle changes like increasing physical activity and following a healthy diet can also reduce the chances of suffering gestational diabetes.
Gestational diabetes occurs during pregnancy. It may actually increase the risk of obesity in the baby. Both obesity and gestational diabetes of the mother could affect the health of the child in the future.
Healthy lifestyle habits could reduce the risk of gestational diabetes by 39%, says a research. After observing more than 300 cases closely, researchers came to this conclusion.
The women who participated were asked to follow a diet and an exercise routine and were kept under observation. The results proved that the risk of gestational diabetes reduced with a healthy lifestyle.
Also, the weight gains due to pregnancy were a bit lower in those women compared to another group which didn't follow any diet or exercise routines.
So, health experts recommend a healthy lifestyle and some kind of physical activity to women who have a risk of suffering gestational diabetes. As prevention is better than cure, it helps you to take the necessary measures on time.