- 58 min ago Chata, The Cute Munchkin Kitten With The Cutest Sleeping Poses!
- 1 hr ago On Regina Cassandra's Birthday, Take A Look At Her Impeccable Fashion Sense
- 1 hr ago Viral: This Adorable Penguin Migrates 8,000 KM Every Year To Meet The Man Who Saved It
- 2 hrs ago Video Of 70-Year-Old Physics Professor From Virginia Doing Crazy Experiments Goes Viral
- Movies Mamangam Day 1 Box office Collection Report: The Mammootty Starrer Sets A New Record!
- News ‘Waited for7 years, will keep fighting for justice for my daughter': Nirbhaya's mother
- Technology Moto G8 Power With 5,000mAh Battery To Soon Hit Markets
- Sports Rumour Has It: Guardiola has break clause in Manchester City contract
- Finance Tata Motors Shares Surge 6% On Boris Johnson's UK Win
- Automobiles Tata Altroz India Launch Date Confirmed: To Rival The Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Ask any new parent and she/he will tell you how tiring and exhausting it is to take care for a baby. Now, imagine what it will be like for the parents of twins. Having twins is like having double the joy, a double dose of cuteness and a double shower of blessings.
But with it all comes double the trouble too. Twins require twice the amount of care that a single baby would need. You will also need two of everything. This means a serious dent on your finances too.
But if you are to be blessed with two bundles of joy instead of one, fret not. As overwhelming as it may seem, caring for twins is actually possible. The first thing you need to do is to build a support system.
The efforts of just your spouse and you may not be enough while caring for your twins. If you live in a joint family, you will receive a lot of help.
If you are a nuclear family, you may need to hire a maid or may need to ask your parents or in-laws to help you out.
Today, we shall look at some of the things that will help you take a good care of your twins. Read on to know more.
Your Mental And Physical Health Is Important Too
If you are happy and relaxed, your babies will be relaxed and happy too. Getting a good night's sleep might be near to impossible with twin newborns, but you must make use of every moment you can spare for sleep.
Ask your friends or family to take care of your babies for a while or help out with the chores at your household. This will free up some time to relax. Be sure to eat well too.
It might seem like a daunting task to feed twins, but it is possible. The body makes milk to meet the demand, so you will not have to worry if you produce enough milk. You may choose to breastfeed the babies together, but it might be difficult to do, as they may have different needs.
Breastfeeding one baby after the other will mean that you will spend a majority of the day breastfeeding. If you are determined to breastfeed, you may choose to pump milk and store it. This way, you can breastfeed one baby while bottle feed the other. You can shift the sequence for the next feed.
Managing Daily Chores With Twins
As the babies grow, your life will get easier. You can sit them in a play pen while you deal with your chores. Bathing them together will save you some precious time. This cannot be done when they are newborns though.
Give yourself at least three times the time for everything you do. Give in to the fact that you will be late. Realize that your house cannot be spick and span for a long time.
Juggling A Job Along With Taking Care Of The Babies
Keeping your job while caring for your babies might prove to be difficult. You may not be granted more than a normal amount of maternity leave because you have twins. You may have to take some time from work to be able to properly take care of your babies.
The task will become much easier if you have a strong support system to care for your babies and household while you are away at work.
Finding People In A Similar Situation As You
Talking to people who have twins might help you greatly. Look around for parents of twins in your neighbourhood. You can also look into online communities dedicated to the parents of twins for support.