- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Though there are certain health benefits of herbs, it may not be healthy to consume them during pregnancy or breastfeeding stages.
Licorice is a herb used in sweeteners and beverages. It has some medicinal properties and is effective in treating asthma, inflammation and cough too. It also contains antiviral agents. Some people also use it to treat anxiety and depression.
But when consumed in excessive quantities, it could cause fluid retention, hypertension, kidney issues, liver issues and hormonal issues too.
Certain studies claim that licorice should be avoided by breastfeeding mothers. It could affect the production of milk. It could also cause headaches, blood pressure issues and water retention. In pregnant women, it could also raise the risk of miscarriage or preterm labour.
Also, breastfeeding mothers who consume licorice tea complain weakness in the baby. So, consult your doctor before trying any herbal remedy during pregnancy or during the breastfeeding stages.