- 3 hrs ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour Finale 2020: Priyanka Chopra Looks Stunning In GraphicLiner And High Bun
- 5 hrs ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour 2020 Finale: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Graces The Ramp In A Black Gown
- 5 hrs ago How To Gain Weight In A Healthy Way?
- 11 hrs ago 20 Best Foods Rich In Vitamin K
- Technology Week 9, 2020 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A71, LG W10 Alpha, Sony Xperia L4, Surface Pro7 And More
- Sports Leicester City 0-1 Manchester City: Jesus strikes late after Aguero penalty miss
- Movies Rupesh Bane From Mumbai Is The Winner Of Dance Plus 5
- News Nationalism, 'Bharat mata ki jai' being misused to construct militant idea of India: Manmohan Singh
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
You might have noticed that new mothers usually get up suddenly in the middle of the night and check is their baby is breathing evenly. If you are a mother, you too might have had these moments of sudden anxiety. This is because we have all heard stories of sudden infant death syndrome. This is unexplained death of an infant (below one year) while he or she is sleeping. It is commonly referred to as cot death.
The causes of sudden infant death syndrome are not very clear. Although doctors have some plausible reasons, but sudden infant death syndrome still largely remains a muddled topic. You can never be very sure what caused the death of the newborn infant in most cases. However, if you have a fair idea of what could be the causes of sudden infant death syndrome, then you would be in a better position to take precautions.
That is why we have tried to put together a list of things that could lead to cot deaths. There is no way in which you can absolutely prevent sudden infant death. What you can do however is be careful and thus reduce the chances enormously. At least you will not have to bear the guilt of not trying to do your best.
So read these possible causes of sudden infant death syndrome very thoroughly.
The most common cause of sudden infant death during sleep is choking. Babies, sometimes, sleep in face down position. This leads them to breathe more carbon dioxide and choke to death in their sleep. They still lack the instinct to wake up when they are choking.
Many babies are wrapped warmly before being put to bed. In case, the baby covers his or her nose with the wrap during sleep, it can cut down the oxygen supply leading to death. That is why you need to make sure that your baby's nose is not covered as he or she sleeps through the night.
Most babies are fed and then put to sleep. Now babies have a habit of bringing up milk after a feed. If the baby is unable to bring out curdled milk as he or she sleeps, the baby can choke on it.
Improve Nerve Cell Development
Sometimes, the baby's nervous system does not happen at par with his or her age. If the nervous stimuli are not coordinated, then the baby's heart may fail. This is because the heart is unable to get the proper signals from the brain.
While it is suggested that a baby be kept warm, you must not over heat the baby. If the baby's body temperature increases beyond a point, it can cause sudden death. Never make your baby sleep with caps or socks on.
Sometimes, the baby can turn blue due to cold. This usually happens when the baby is out in the open and not properly covered which is rather rare.