- 1 hr ago Sonal Chauhan Looks Gorgeous In Her Red Anarkali Set; Find Out The Price of Her Outfit
- 2 hrs ago Mouni Roy, Kriti Sanon, And Palak Tiwari Beckon Us To Add Fresh Stunning Black Pieces To Our Wardrobe
- 5 hrs ago International Yoga Day 2021: History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- 24 hrs ago International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- News Will we need a COVID-19 vaccine booster shot? Is it necessary
- Movies Richa Chadha And Ali Fazal To Celebrate World Music Day With Several Musicians And Other Artists
- Technology Realme Plans To Open 300-500 Smart Stores In 2021 In India: CEO Madhav Sheth Confirms
- Sports Mercedes-AMG driver Arjun Maini makes the most out of a Steep Learning Curve at DTM
- Finance Small Finance Banks No Longer Offer 7% Rate On Fixed Deposits: Check New Rates Here
- Education ICAI CA Admit Card 2021 July Session Released
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
You might have noticed that new mothers usually get up suddenly in the middle of the night and check is their baby is breathing evenly. If you are a mother, you too might have had these moments of sudden anxiety. This is because we have all heard stories of sudden infant death syndrome. This is unexplained death of an infant (below one year) while he or she is sleeping. It is commonly referred to as cot death.
The causes of sudden infant death syndrome are not very clear. Although doctors have some plausible reasons, but sudden infant death syndrome still largely remains a muddled topic. You can never be very sure what caused the death of the newborn infant in most cases. However, if you have a fair idea of what could be the causes of sudden infant death syndrome, then you would be in a better position to take precautions.
That is why we have tried to put together a list of things that could lead to cot deaths. There is no way in which you can absolutely prevent sudden infant death. What you can do however is be careful and thus reduce the chances enormously. At least you will not have to bear the guilt of not trying to do your best.
So read these possible causes of sudden infant death syndrome very thoroughly.
The most common cause of sudden infant death during sleep is choking. Babies, sometimes, sleep in face down position. This leads them to breathe more carbon dioxide and choke to death in their sleep. They still lack the instinct to wake up when they are choking.
Many babies are wrapped warmly before being put to bed. In case, the baby covers his or her nose with the wrap during sleep, it can cut down the oxygen supply leading to death. That is why you need to make sure that your baby's nose is not covered as he or she sleeps through the night.
Most babies are fed and then put to sleep. Now babies have a habit of bringing up milk after a feed. If the baby is unable to bring out curdled milk as he or she sleeps, the baby can choke on it.
Improve Nerve Cell Development
Sometimes, the baby's nervous system does not happen at par with his or her age. If the nervous stimuli are not coordinated, then the baby's heart may fail. This is because the heart is unable to get the proper signals from the brain.
While it is suggested that a baby be kept warm, you must not over heat the baby. If the baby's body temperature increases beyond a point, it can cause sudden death. Never make your baby sleep with caps or socks on.
Sometimes, the baby can turn blue due to cold. This usually happens when the baby is out in the open and not properly covered which is rather rare.