- Automobiles Kia Sonet Spied Testing — Launch Could Be Delayed
- Technology Best 17 inch Screen Laptops To Buy In India
- Movies Sushmita Sen To Make Acting Comeback And Digital Debut With Ram Madhvani’s Web Series Titled Aarya
- News UN Security Council to discuss COVID-19 pandemic in closed session today
- Sports Coronavirus: World Athletics suspends Olympics qualification period until December
- Finance Get Doorstep Delivery Of Cash From Your Bank A/c In Kerala From April 8 Amid Lockdown
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In April
- Education CBSE Academic Calendar 2020-21 For Class 1 To 12
Most parents are worried about having a normal baby. They want their baby to be physically and mentally sound. Your baby's vision is an important part of his or her body functions. That is why, it is important to make sure that your baby's eyesight is perfect.
Having proper eyes is not a confirmation of having proper vision. You have to check for some signs to know that your baby's vision is fine. Newborn babies usually have fuzzy vision. They only respond to touch.
So as your baby grows, you will have to observe him or her carefully. In case your baby is born with vision problems, early detection can help salvage the situation and get medical help in time. Here are some facts about your baby's vision that you should know.
The first thing that your baby starts seeing is light. You may notice that your baby looks fixedly in the direction of the tube light in the room. You can also brighten up your nursery with colourful lights and see it if attracts your baby's attention.
Bright and colourful things attract the baby's vision. You can use bright coloured toys to play with your baby. If your baby shows interest in the toys, he or she has perfect vision.
Moving the eyes
The reflexes of your baby's eyes are important from the perspective of vision. Try moving the source of light or colour from one direction to another. If your baby turns his eyes accordingly, then your baby's vision reflexes are good.
When your baby is in between 6 to 9 months old, he or she will start recognising faces and associate people with their faces. If your baby cries when you go out of the room or doesn't want to play with a stranger, then it is a good sign.
Reacting to sound
When you make a sound, does your baby turn his or her head? This confirms two things. Firstly, your baby can hear perfectly. Secondly, your baby is trying to see what the source of sound is.
Baby vision test
If you notice any abnormality in your baby's vision like a squint eye or lazy eye movement, go to the doctor immediately. A vision test can correct minor irregularities in your baby's eyesight or at least stop it from getting worse.