- News 'Covidshield' vaccine trial participant alleges neuro breakdown, impaired cognitive functions
- Sports Trouble for Babar Azam as a woman accuses Pakistan captain of abuse
- Finance Burger King IPO: Should You Invest?
- Technology Last Lunar Eclipse Of 2020: How To Watch November Lunar Eclipse
- Automobiles Top Bike News Of The Week: All The Two-Wheeler Highlights From The Week Passed By!
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 4: Jabardasth Avinash To Bid Goodbye To Nagarjuna Akkineni’s Show?
- Education MHT CET Topper 2020: Explore Topper Of MHT CET 2020 PCB And PCM
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In December
Most parents are worried about having a normal baby. They want their baby to be physically and mentally sound. Your baby's vision is an important part of his or her body functions. That is why, it is important to make sure that your baby's eyesight is perfect.
Having proper eyes is not a confirmation of having proper vision. You have to check for some signs to know that your baby's vision is fine. Newborn babies usually have fuzzy vision. They only respond to touch.
So as your baby grows, you will have to observe him or her carefully. In case your baby is born with vision problems, early detection can help salvage the situation and get medical help in time. Here are some facts about your baby's vision that you should know.
The first thing that your baby starts seeing is light. You may notice that your baby looks fixedly in the direction of the tube light in the room. You can also brighten up your nursery with colourful lights and see it if attracts your baby's attention.
Bright and colourful things attract the baby's vision. You can use bright coloured toys to play with your baby. If your baby shows interest in the toys, he or she has perfect vision.
Moving the eyes
The reflexes of your baby's eyes are important from the perspective of vision. Try moving the source of light or colour from one direction to another. If your baby turns his eyes accordingly, then your baby's vision reflexes are good.
When your baby is in between 6 to 9 months old, he or she will start recognising faces and associate people with their faces. If your baby cries when you go out of the room or doesn't want to play with a stranger, then it is a good sign.
Reacting to sound
When you make a sound, does your baby turn his or her head? This confirms two things. Firstly, your baby can hear perfectly. Secondly, your baby is trying to see what the source of sound is.
Baby vision test
If you notice any abnormality in your baby's vision like a squint eye or lazy eye movement, go to the doctor immediately. A vision test can correct minor irregularities in your baby's eyesight or at least stop it from getting worse.