Gone are the days when we used to think that type 2 diabetes is not curable. Researchers suggest that people can actually reverse the effects of diabetes by losing weight.
This analysis is based on the recent clinical trials. It was found that people who were recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes returned their blood sugar levels to normal when they lost their weight on a calorie restrictive diet.
The study also found out that, people who had been diabetic for up to 10 years were able to reverse their condition when they lost about 33 pounds.
Meanwhile, a study published in the British Medical Journal showed that type 2 diabetes can be beaten if patients lost around 15 kg.
The report also suggested that there is poor awareness of the benefits of weight loss, leading to the remission of this disease. So, this would put an end to your doubt "can weight loss reverse type 2 diabetes."
To make things easier for you, we have listed some of the top natural ways to lose weight.
1. Add Protein To Your Diet:
When it comes to weight loss, protein is considered to be the king. Your body burns calories when digesting and metabolizing the protein you eat. A high-protein diet can boost your metabolism and also help burn 80-100 calories per day.
2. Eat Whole, Single-ingredient Foods:
By doing so, you can eliminate the vast majority of added sugar, added fat and processed foods. These foods are naturally filling and it makes it easier for you to keep within the healthy calorie limits. This is one of the best natural ways to lose weight.
3. Limit Your Intake Of Added Sugar:
This is especially required for diabetic patients. Further, eating a lot of added sugar is linked with some of the leading diseases like heart diseases, cancer, etc.
4. Drink Sufficient Amount Of Water:
Yes, drinking water can help you lose weight. Drinking 0.5 litres of water will help increase your calorie burn by 24%-30% for about an hour afterward.
5. Avoid Liquid Calories:
Liquid calories from beverages like sugary soft drinks, fruit juices, chocolate milk and energy drinks can add on to the weight gain and hence must be avoided. These drinks are very bad for the health and it can be linked with an increased risk of obesity.
6. Limit Your Intake Of Refined Carbs:
Refined carbs have their beneficial nutrients and fibre removed. The refining process leaves nothing but digested carbs that can increase the risk of overeating and obesity. Limiting the refined carb intake is one of the best ways to lose weight.
- 11 Surprising Health Benefits Of Passion Fruit
- 11 Health Benefits Of Sesame Seeds
- 9 Proven Ways To Never Get Diabetes
- 10 Health Benefits Of Pumpkin Seeds You Didn't Know
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8Magical Health Benefits Of Olive Oil
- 10 Health Benefits Of Pomegranate Seeds
- Everything You Need To Know About Gestational Diabetes
- 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Popcorn
- 16 Awesome Health Benefits Of Fennel Tea
- 12 Health Benefits Of Peanut Butter That Will Surprise You
- 11 Impressive Health Benefits Of Black Tea You Haven't Heard Of
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Apricots