- News TN man breaks quarantine, runs naked, bites woman to death
- Technology Tata Sky Broadband Teases Upcoming Free Unlimited Landline Services
- Sports Coronavirus: UEFA president Ceferin concedes 2019-20 season could be lost
- Movies Vijay And Atlee To Join Hands Again For Thalapathy 66?
- Automobiles Top Bike News Of The Week: Apache RTR 180 BS6, Royal Enfield Bullet Trails, Rajiv Bajaj
- Finance RBI ‘s EMI Moratorium: Higher Interest If You Opt For EMI Break
- Travel 10 Best Family Friendly Destinations To Visit In April In India
- Education Coronavirus Outbreak: NTA Helpline Numbers Released For JEE Main & NEET Aspirants
The New India Foundation has announced their 13th Annual Lecture, renamed as the Girish Karnad Annual Lecture. It will take place on Friday, 9 August 2019 in Bangalore. The lecture will be delivered by Dr Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist at the World Health Organisation (WHO).
The annual lecture will be focusing on the importance of universal health care, a topic with great pertinence. Dr Swaminathan will speak on 'The road to Universal Healthcare (UHC): R&D, Innovation & Access', focusing on the research and development ensuing, along with the innovative moves and access to UHC.
A globally recognised researcher on tuberculosis and HIV, Dr Swaminathan was WHO's Deputy Director-General for Programmes. The lecture will cover the history of R&D in India, the change in the patent laws, the start-up culture, government and private investment in research, what is needed to fix the ecosystem for innovation to flourish and how to strengthen the pathway to scale-up of innovations - linking it to the aspect of UHC.
This year's NIF Annual Lecture will witness the renaming the annual event to the 'Girish Karnad Memorial Lecture', honouring the late multi-lingual scholar and playwright.
Location: Bangalore International Centre (BIC)
Date: Friday, 9 August 2019
Time: 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Speaker: Dr Sowmya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist at the World Health Organisation.