- 9 hrs ago On Taapsee Pannu’s Birthday, Her Behind-The-Scenes Candid Fashion Moments From The Sets Of Her Movies
- 10 hrs ago Friendship Day Special: How Friendships Have Evolved In The Pandemic
- 11 hrs ago Basundi Recipe: Here’s How You Can Prepare It At Home
- 1 day ago Lesser Known Facts About India's Best Shuttler, PV Sindhu
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: PV Sindhu on 'cloud nine' after winning historic Olympic bronze medal for her country
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Grand Finale Highlights: Mohanlal Is Back To Announce The Winner!
- News Assam set to move Supreme Court to resolve Mizoram border row
- Finance PSU Banks Raise A Record Rs 58,700 Crore From Markets In FY'21
- Technology Micromax In 2b Contest Alert: Answer Questions To Win Free Smartphone
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
The New India Foundation has announced their 13th Annual Lecture, renamed as the Girish Karnad Annual Lecture. It will take place on Friday, 9 August 2019 in Bangalore. The lecture will be delivered by Dr Soumya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist at the World Health Organisation (WHO).
The annual lecture will be focusing on the importance of universal health care, a topic with great pertinence. Dr Swaminathan will speak on 'The road to Universal Healthcare (UHC): R&D, Innovation & Access', focusing on the research and development ensuing, along with the innovative moves and access to UHC.
A globally recognised researcher on tuberculosis and HIV, Dr Swaminathan was WHO's Deputy Director-General for Programmes. The lecture will cover the history of R&D in India, the change in the patent laws, the start-up culture, government and private investment in research, what is needed to fix the ecosystem for innovation to flourish and how to strengthen the pathway to scale-up of innovations - linking it to the aspect of UHC.
This year's NIF Annual Lecture will witness the renaming the annual event to the 'Girish Karnad Memorial Lecture', honouring the late multi-lingual scholar and playwright.
Location: Bangalore International Centre (BIC)
Date: Friday, 9 August 2019
Time: 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Speaker: Dr Sowmya Swaminathan, Chief Scientist at the World Health Organisation.