- 26 min ago COVID-19 Immunity May Not Last For Over 3 Months, New Study Claims
- 1 hr ago Orchitis (Inflammation Of The Testicles): Causes, Symptoms, Risk Factors And Treatments
- 1 hr ago Rajkummar Rao’s First Outfit Look Test For Bareilly Ki Barfi Stereotypes A Good And A Bad Guy
- 2 hrs ago On 22 Years Of Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha, Kajol And Ajay Devgn’s Co-ordinated Outfits From The Film
- Movies Amit Sadh Wants To Slap People Debating On Sushant Singh Rajput’s Sudden Demise!
- Automobiles Suzuki Gixxer SF 250 BS6 Becomes 50th Lakh Vehicle To Roll Out From Brand’s Gurugram Plant
- Sports My consistency and accuracy is dangerous: Young England spinner Dom Bess
- Finance Insurers To Give 5% Discount On 'Corona Kavach' Policy Premium To Health Workers
- Technology Oppo Announces 125W Flash Charge Technology; Can Charge 41 Percent In Just 5 Minutes
- News Chiranjeevi Sarja's brother Dhruva Sarja, wife Prerana test positive for COVID-19
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) made an announcement regarding the launch of Jio GigaFiber broadband service and Jio Phone 3 on its 42nd annual general meeting (AGM) scheduled at 11:00 am on 12th August, Monday in Mumbai. Eminent personalities were prersent on this occasion and the day was eyed by many investors and analyst community.
The announcement of GigaFibre broadband service was already unveiled last year, in 2018, on their 41st AGM. Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries, announced last year that Jio is planning for fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) service which will be a combination of TV, broadband, and fixed landline. To mention, in the last few years, Reliance Jio has contributed a lot in the telecom sector by launching the cheapest plans and Jio phones to become the nation's largest telecom player by revenue.
Watch the Live video Here: Mukesh D. Ambani addressing shareholders at 42nd Annual General Meeting of #RIL
Jio Gigafiber Service:
The announcement of Jio Gigafibre pricing plans were discussed in the meeting and it is also expected that Jio will provide the broadband internet service at 1 gbps speed along with 600 channels on TV and landline connection of Rs 600/month subscription. The nation is hoping that this new Jio cable TV and broadband service will act as a market disruptor just like Jio phones due to its cheap pricing plans.
According to the Reliance website, Gigafibre service will have both postpaid and prepaid plans. However, users will have to pay a deposit of Rs. 4500 to get the GigaHub Home Gateway (router to access the broadband).
Jio Phone 3:
If we talk about the market of Jio's previous two Jio phone models (Jio Phone and Jio Phone 3) they had become the two best smartphones sold so far due to their amazing smartphone features at much affordable price. In Jio Phone 3, the OS is expected to be the same as JIo Phone 2 (Kai OS). WhatsApp and YouTube will be preloaded at part of the phone's new features.