Turns out that your fitness is not only influenced by your activity level but also by your genes. A recent research has suggested that one's risk of breast cancer is influenced by one's inherited capacity for fitness.
A team of investigators explored these questions in a recently published study and found that there is a large role of fitness in breast cancer risk.
The inherited capacity of fitness led these researchers to consider whether this can affect the breast cancer risk.
The research was conducted by selecting rats over multiple generations with low or high running activity on a treadmill. They maintained the pups, so that they could assess the effects of fitness related to genetics not to exercise.
The rats were then monitored for the occurrence of palpable tumours throughout their lives and for tumours too small to detect.
It was found that rats born with low fitness were more likely to develop breast cancer, whereas the ones born with high fitness not only had fewer cancer cells but the cancer cells occurred later in life and were smaller in size.
In this article, we have also mentioned some of the main tips to prevent breast cancer. Read further to know how to prevent breast cancer.
1. Keep Your Weight In Check:
Being overweight can increase the risk of many different cancers, including breast cancer after menopause.
2. Be Physically Active:
Women who are physically active for at least 30 minutes a day have a lower risk of breast cancer. Regular exercise is one of the best ways to keep your weight in check.
3. Eat Your Fruits And Vegetables:
A healthy diet can lower the risk of breast cancer. Try to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and keep your alcohol at moderate levels.
4. Don't Smoke:
Smoking can increase the risk of at least 15 types of cancers, including breast cancer. Hence, it is recommended to stay smoke-free or stop smoking. This is one of the top tips to prevent breast cancer.
5. Breastfeed If Possible:
Breastfeeding for a total of one year or more can lower the risk of breast cancer. Further, it also has great benefits for the child. This is one of the tips that will let you know how to prevent breast cancer risk.
- 10 Health Benefits Of Cottage Cheese Or Paneer
- 16 Foods To Eat To Reduce The Risk Of Breast Cancer
- 10 Surprising Good Facts About White Chocolates
- These 12 Foods Can Help Fight Breast Cancer Treatment’s Side Effects
- Treatment for Breast Cancer: Everything You Need to Know!
- Do You Know These Basic Facts About Breast Cancer?
- 11 High Risk Groups for Breast Cancer — Which One Are You In?
- What Your Breasts Can Reveal About Your Health
- Ladies, Take Note! A Link Between Hair Dye & Breast Cancer Has Been Found!
- 1 In 6 Breast Cancer Patients Do Not Have A Lump In Their Breasts; Know The Unknown Symptoms
- Do You Recognize These 7 Early Warning Signs of Breast Cancer?
- Test To Predict Breast Cancer Risk Developed
- What If You Planked For 1 Minute Every Hour At Work For The Next 2 Weeks?