- 8 hrs ago 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- 9 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Sale 2021: From Smart TV to AC, Get Upto 50% Off On Cool Home Appliances
- 12 hrs ago Chhorii Promotions: Nushrratt Bharuccha Looks Stunning In Her Indigo-Blue And Ivory Outfits
- 13 hrs ago Covishield's Effectiveness In Fully Vaccinated Individuals 63% During 2nd Wave, Study
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Movies Marakkar Twitter Review: Mohanlal-Priyadarshan's Magnum Opus Sets History!
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Automobiles Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- Technology Realme C11 2021 Gets Price Hike For Second Time; Still Worth Buying?
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
If you think June is all about summers then probably you haven't heard about the 'Pride Month'! Yes, you read that right. The arrival of June not only brings sunny days but also the season of love. People belonging to the LGBTQIA+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and/or Questioning, Intersex, and Asexual and/or Ally plus any other) community come together to celebrate Pride Month in June. The entire month is observed as an affirmation of love, equality, dignity, and the visibility of gay, lesbian, transgender, asexual people and much more.
The reason why June is seen as the Pride Month is to commemorate the Stonewall Riots that took place in June 1969. The riots were a series of protests and demonstrations that took place after police raided the Stonewall Inn (USA). The pub was a place for gay and lesbian people. The raid agitated the people belonging to LGBTQ community.
Various functions and cultural events are organised to celebrate this month. The reason why this is known as Pride Month is to oppose the stigma and shame people often associate with those who belong to the LGBTQIA+ community.
While people across the world are already cheering to observe this day, we are here with some quotes, wishes and messages. You can share these with people around you and spread the message of love. Read on.
1. "Pride Month is here and so we can't keep calm! Let's celebrate love and eradicate discrimination on the basis of gender and sexual orientation."
2. "Happy Pride Month! Let us understand that love is love even if it comes in different forms."
3. "God made all us different to make us proud of who we are. Happy Pride Month!"
4. "It takes courage to stand up for who you are. Flaunt your true identity and feel proud of it. Warm wishes on Pride Month!"
5. "Let us celebrate Pride Month proudly because the world is equally ours. We are as normal as the rest of you."
6. "Enjoy being who you are irrespective of your gender. Happy Pride Month."
7. "This Pride Month, stand up for what feels right. Even if you have to stand alone, don't give up."
8. "If you think marriage is about gender, then you are probably wrong. Marriage is all about love. Hope you enjoy Pride Month by celebrating love."
9. "If being bisexual, transgender or homosexual is a choice, then what made you choose being straight?"
10. "If you think I'll change just because you do not approve of who I am, then it is never going to happen. By the way, Happy Pride Month."