- 7 hrs ago 6 Ways In Which You Can Encourage Your Baby To Crawl
- 8 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Looks Elegant In Her Vibrant Yet Understated Suit
- 8 hrs ago Looking After Your Children Is Necessary, But Mothers Should Have Their ‘Me Time’ First
- 8 hrs ago Kalki Koechlin's Traditional Outfits Are Perfect For Women Who Are Fabric Connoisseurs
- Sports Dominika Cibulkova retires aged 30
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Choti Sarrdaarni Slips To 2nd Spot; Yehh Jadu Hai Jinn Ka Witnesses Jump
- News Will work to form govt in Maharashtra, won’t reveal numbers now: Narayan Rane
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 Renders Leak: Punch-Hole Design, Quad Rear Cameras Hinted
- Travel Mandi – An Unexplored Gem Of India
- Automobiles Hyundai Confirms New Compact Sedan To Be Called Aura
- Finance India’s Q2 GDP Growth May Be At 4.2%: SBI Report
- Education National Education Day: Why It Is Celebrated On Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Birthday
National Cousins Day is celebrated on the 24th of July every year to recognize lifelong relationships- to unite families and relatives and strengthen the family and recall the significance of family bonding in our lives. Well, Indian families are large, probably too large at times and you might end up having endless cousins.
For people who are not very clear about the term 'cousin', it is referred to a person in one's wider extended family, to whom one is not closely related. Cousins are no less than siblings and probably they are the best ones with whom we share our deepest secrets and dreams.
Types Of Cousins You Will Come Across In Your Family
First, second or third cousins are cousins who are from the same generation. For example, your uncle and aunt's children will be your first cousins. The children of first cousins will be your second cousins, and the children of second cousins will be your third cousins.
History Of Cousins Day
The origin of Cousins Day remains unknown till today. While there are many theories behind how Cousins Day was started, some believe that it was started by cousins who decided to revive their bond and friendship on that day. Others claim that it was started by greeting card companies as a marketing trick to sell more cards.
How Is Cousins Day Celebrated?
There are no official celebrations for Cousins Day and neither marching bands or parades are organised to commemorate this day. However, one can celebrate cousin's day by sending them a card, calling them over telephone, or inviting them to a lunch or dinner to wish and show them how much we love and care for them. It is probably best if you live close to your cousins, you can probably gather them and take a selfie as well.
Famous Cousins And Their Relationships
1. Whitney Thore And Nathan
Whitney Thore, the actor who starred in My Big Fat Fabulous Life was dating a distant cousin.
2. H.G Wells and Isobel Mary
H.G Wells, a prolific writer from London married his first cousin Isobel Mary in the year 1981.
3. Saddam Hussein And Sajida Talfah
Saddam Hussein, the former president of Iraq was married to his first cousin Sajida Talfah in the year 1963.
4. Charles Darwin and Emma Wedgwood
Charles Darwin, an English naturalist, geologist and biologist married his first cousin Emma Wedgwood in the year 1839. The couple had 10 children together.
"Say Cheese" with your cousins today while taking pictures.
Wishing all of you a very Happy Cousins Day!