- 11 min ago Sonal Chauhan Looks Gorgeous In Her Red Anarkali Set; Find Out The Price of Her Outfit
- 1 hr ago Mouni Roy, Kriti Sanon, And Palak Tiwari Beckon Us To Add Fresh Stunning Black Pieces To Our Wardrobe
- 4 hrs ago International Yoga Day 2021: History, Theme And Significance Of This Day
- 23 hrs ago International Day Of Yoga 2021: 15 Easy Yoga Poses For Children
- Finance Inflation Ahead? Even A Renowned Economist Admits It's Complicated.
- News UN told 10,000 refugees fled to India, Thailand
- Movies Rahul Vaidya On His Wedding With Disha Parmar: Hope To Announce The Date Soon
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M21 Prime Edition To Launch As Galaxy M21 2021: What To Expect?
- Sports Dad was my best friend, guide, mentor: Jeev remembers Milkha Singh
- Education ICAI CA Admit Card 2021 July Session Released
- Automobiles Yamaha FZ-X Accessories Price List: Order Official Factory-Fitted Parts Online
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Misplacing instruments in the body during surgeries is a regular scene where the patients tend to suffer from chronic pain and illness for years until the real reason is found out.
According to a survey, in one in 30 cases, surgeons tend to forget a surgical instrument or even a glove inside the patient's body. These cases are not noticed unless and until the patient suffers from a medical condition.
Here is one such case where a doctor left a surgical instrument in pensioner Ezeta Gobeeva's stomach.
The incident happened in Russia's North Ossetia region, where the pensioner had been complaining of constant acute abdominal pain ever since she underwent a C-section operation in the year 1996.
But unfortunately the doctors did not take her case seriously as they blamed it on liver problems and every time she visited the different doctors, she was only prescribed painkillers.
The woman revealed that she was only recently granted an X-ray when she repeatedly complained that the medication that she was prescribed only helped her to numb the pain. A thorough investigation revealed that the pain was caused by a surgical clamp that had lodged in her abdomen.
The stunned radiologist who first saw the clamp on the X-ray revealed that he assumed that the woman had accidentally brought the metal object into the X-ray room.
When he asked her she could not recall how the scissors landed up in her stomach. It took a while for her to realise that it must have landed in her abdomen when she underwent a Caesarean section 23 years ago!
A case was registered against the medics for negligence and the authorities assured that she would be offered financial compensation for all those years of unnecessary suffering.