- 5 hrs ago Samantha Akkineni Opts For A Gorgeous Blue Saree For Rana Daggubati’s Wedding
- 5 hrs ago Rana Daggubati And Miheeka Bajaj Tie The Knot And Look Resplendent In Their Outfits
- 9 hrs ago Happy Birthday Hansika Motwani: 5 Wow-Worthy Fashion Photoshoots Of The Actress That Left Us Stunned
- 11 hrs ago 8 Quick Hacks For Foundation That Is Too Dark For You
- Sports Former India and Mohun Bagan player Manitombi Singh dies at 39, AIFF condoles his untimely demise
- Movies Rhea Chakraborty Summoned Again By ED On Monday After Questioning Her Brother For 18 Hours
- Finance 6 Easy Steps to Check Your CIBIL Score for Free
- News Atmanirbhar: The complete import embargo list of Defence Ministry
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K30 Ultra, Mi 10 Ultra Anniversary Edition Leaks Online; Launch Set For August 11
- Automobiles Top Car News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Four-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Odisha In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Every year, Organ Donation Day is celebrated on 13 August worldwide to motivate people to pledge to donate their organs after death and raise awareness to understand the value of it in the life of an individual. The donor's organ will be stored and kept safe so that it can be transferred to the recipient immediately upon the requirement. Organ transplant can give someone a new life; however, the number of donors is less due to many myths and confusions related to the process of organ donation.
Importance Of Organ Donation
Medical specialists say that one organ donor can save up to 8 lives. According to a report, more than 5 lakh people die every year due to the failure of their vital organs.
After years of research, medical experts are now able to transmit organs successfully from the donor to the recipient. The organs can be kidney, heart, eyes, lungs, cornea, skin tissues, veins, bone tissues, liver, small intestine, and pancreas. With the development of immunosuppressant drugs, the survival rate of recipients has also increased. There's a need for more organ donations every year due to the increase in the death rate because of organ failure.
Objectives Of Organ Donation Day
- To raise awareness of the importance of organ donation
- To distribute the message of organ donation worldwide so that many people can opt for it
- To remove myths related to organ donation
- To say thanks to the donors who have donated their organs and saved the lives of others
- To educate people on how they can help not only a person but also their family by donating organs
Facts About Organ Donation
- The donation of body parts does not mutilate the body.
- Anyone can be an organ donor without any caste, age or religion barrier.
- There's no defined age for organ donation as children too, need organ transplants.
- Organs apart from liver, heart, and kidney can also be donated. Such organs are skin, bone, cornea, valves, etc.
- The waiting list for an organ transplant is based on the severity of the disease, blood type, waiting time and other medical records. The authority does not prefer giving priority to rich or famous people.
- If you are an organ donor and admitted in hospital due to a certain illness, the doctor will always prefer to save your life rather than leaving you just because you will save someone else's life later.
Top NGOs Of The Country That Facilitate Organ Donation
- Dadhichi Mission from Central India
- Gift A Life
- Mohan Foundation
- Gift Your Organ Foundation
On every website, there will be a facility for the registry. All willing donors can register there on their own will. The registry ensures the fair use of organs donated by them for the needy.