- 4 hrs ago Erythritol: Health Benefits And Side Effects
- 4 hrs ago International Men's Day 2019: Things You Can Do To Make Your Man Feel Special
- 4 hrs ago This Winter Season, Keep Your Nail Game Strong With These Superb Trending Colours
- 6 hrs ago Aamir Khan's Laal Singh Chaddha Look Is So In Tune With The Fashion Sensibilities Of A Common Man
- News Vodafone Idea, Airtel to raise mobile service rates from December amid financial crunch
- Technology Redmi Note 8 With 3GB RAM To Be Launched Soon In India: Price And Availability
- Sports Hope X1 Racing League revives stagnant Indian motorsport scene: Karthikeyan
- Movies Rakul Preet Singh Joins The Cast Of John Abraham And Jacqueline Fernandez Starrer Attack
- Finance Should You Get An Insurance To Cover Possible Loss Of Car Keys?
- Automobiles Land Rover Off-Road Driving Experience: The "Above & Beyond Tour 2019’ Comes To Bangalore
- Travel Igatpuri – A Perfect Travel Destination
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Every year, Organ Donation Day is celebrated on 13 August worldwide to motivate people to pledge to donate their organs after death and raise awareness to understand the value of it in the life of an individual. The donor's organ will be stored and kept safe so that it can be transferred to the recipient immediately upon the requirement. Organ transplant can give someone a new life; however, the number of donors is less due to many myths and confusions related to the process of organ donation.
Importance Of Organ Donation
Medical specialists say that one organ donor can save up to 8 lives. According to a report, more than 5 lakh people die every year due to the failure of their vital organs.
After years of research, medical experts are now able to transmit organs successfully from the donor to the recipient. The organs can be kidney, heart, eyes, lungs, cornea, skin tissues, veins, bone tissues, liver, small intestine, and pancreas. With the development of immunosuppressant drugs, the survival rate of recipients has also increased. There's a need for more organ donations every year due to the increase in the death rate because of organ failure.
Objectives Of Organ Donation Day
- To raise awareness of the importance of organ donation
- To distribute the message of organ donation worldwide so that many people can opt for it
- To remove myths related to organ donation
- To say thanks to the donors who have donated their organs and saved the lives of others
- To educate people on how they can help not only a person but also their family by donating organs
Facts About Organ Donation
- The donation of body parts does not mutilate the body.
- Anyone can be an organ donor without any caste, age or religion barrier.
- There's no defined age for organ donation as children too, need organ transplants.
- Organs apart from liver, heart, and kidney can also be donated. Such organs are skin, bone, cornea, valves, etc.
- The waiting list for an organ transplant is based on the severity of the disease, blood type, waiting time and other medical records. The authority does not prefer giving priority to rich or famous people.
- If you are an organ donor and admitted in hospital due to a certain illness, the doctor will always prefer to save your life rather than leaving you just because you will save someone else's life later.
Top NGOs Of The Country That Facilitate Organ Donation
- Dadhichi Mission from Central India
- Gift A Life
- Mohan Foundation
- Gift Your Organ Foundation
On every website, there will be a facility for the registry. All willing donors can register there on their own will. The registry ensures the fair use of organs donated by them for the needy.