- 33 min ago LFW W/F 2019 Day Five: Genelia D’ Souza Gives Us The Best Showstopper Moment With This Red Lehenga
- 1 hr ago Kareena Kapoor Khan Exudes Contrasting Vibes With Her Two LFW 2019 Black Gowns
- 2 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Finale: Kareena Kapoor Khan Brings Alive Old Hollywood Glamour With Her Classy Look
- 2 hrs ago LFW W/F 2019 Day 5: Genelia D'Souza Demonstrates Why Smokey Eye Look Is A Classic
- Sports Premier League Review: Spurs slip up, Man City win at Bournemouth
- Movies Ace Of Space 2 Full Contestants List: Deepak Thakur, Lucinda Nicholas & Others In Vikas Gupta’s Show
- News Out on bail, Bulandshahr violence accused gets hero welcome
- Technology How To Add And Remove Channel Packs Using Tata Sky Mobile App
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki S-Presso India Launch Confirmed For The 30th Of September: Details & Specs
- Finance Gold Scales To Rs. 38,600 On Fed Powell Comments And Grim Trade War Outlook
- Education NTA To Conduct JNU Entrance Test JNUET In May 2020
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
Every year, Organ Donation Day is celebrated on 13 August worldwide to motivate people to pledge to donate their organs after death and raise awareness to understand the value of it in the life of an individual. The donor's organ will be stored and kept safe so that it can be transferred to the recipient immediately upon the requirement. Organ transplant can give someone a new life; however, the number of donors is less due to many myths and confusions related to the process of organ donation.
Importance Of Organ Donation
Medical specialists say that one organ donor can save up to 8 lives. According to a report, more than 5 lakh people die every year due to the failure of their vital organs.
After years of research, medical experts are now able to transmit organs successfully from the donor to the recipient. The organs can be kidney, heart, eyes, lungs, cornea, skin tissues, veins, bone tissues, liver, small intestine, and pancreas. With the development of immunosuppressant drugs, the survival rate of recipients has also increased. There's a need for more organ donations every year due to the increase in the death rate because of organ failure.
Objectives Of Organ Donation Day
- To raise awareness of the importance of organ donation
- To distribute the message of organ donation worldwide so that many people can opt for it
- To remove myths related to organ donation
- To say thanks to the donors who have donated their organs and saved the lives of others
- To educate people on how they can help not only a person but also their family by donating organs
Facts About Organ Donation
- The donation of body parts does not mutilate the body.
- Anyone can be an organ donor without any caste, age or religion barrier.
- There's no defined age for organ donation as children too, need organ transplants.
- Organs apart from liver, heart, and kidney can also be donated. Such organs are skin, bone, cornea, valves, etc.
- The waiting list for an organ transplant is based on the severity of the disease, blood type, waiting time and other medical records. The authority does not prefer giving priority to rich or famous people.
- If you are an organ donor and admitted in hospital due to a certain illness, the doctor will always prefer to save your life rather than leaving you just because you will save someone else's life later.
Top NGOs Of The Country That Facilitate Organ Donation
- Dadhichi Mission from Central India
- Gift A Life
- Mohan Foundation
- Gift Your Organ Foundation
On every website, there will be a facility for the registry. All willing donors can register there on their own will. The registry ensures the fair use of organs donated by them for the needy.