Since the time Narendra Modi has taken charge of India, there is a lot of steady progress that is happening around. People are finally getting to reap the benefit of what the other lazy governments had not been doing.
One such striker move of Narendra Modi has been the appointment of India's 2nd Woman Defence Minister and the world cannot stop praising about it!
She is none other than Nirmala Sitharaman: Defence Minister. There is a lot to know about her before we just blindly follow the crowd and sing along praises for the latest Defence Minister of India - Nirmala Sitharaman.
Here is everything that you need to know about our country's new Defence Minister.
Nirmala Sitharaman was born on August 18th, 1959, in Madurai. She hails from a middle-class family, where her dad, Narayanan Sitharaman, worked in the Railways and her mother, Savitri, was a homemaker. As a kid, she spent her childhood in different parts of Tamil Nadu, as her dad's job led to many transfers.
She graduated from the Seethalakshmi Ramasamy College, Tiruchirappalli, after which she went on to join the Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi. This is where she completed her Masters in Economics.
She got married to Parakala Prabhakar and moved to London. There she worked at the Pricewaterhouse Cooper as a Senior Manager. Her husband, Dr. Parakala Prabhakar, is also known as an alumnus of the Jawaharlal Nehru University and the London School of Economics. The couple has a daughter.
In the year 2003, Sitharaman was made a member of the National Commission for Women (NCW) in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government. According to the reports, she remained as a NCW member until 2005. A year later, in 2006, Nirmala joined the Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP).
Her Journey As A Politician…
Sitharaman had been climbing the political ladder quite quickly, as after she joined BJP in 2006, it did not take much time for her to become a BJP spokesperson in the year 2010.
We hope with such a great woman taking charge of India, there are better days ahead that we would surely get to see!
- WOW! Every Man In This Village Has 2 Wives!
- Nurse Who Died While Treating Nipah Patients Left A Heartfelt Note To Her Husband…
- Meet Yash Shah: "The Rubber Man Of India"
- Best Gifts That You Can Choose For Your Mother!
- Google Doodle Pays Tribute To ‘Father Of Indian Cinema’ - Dadasaheb Phalke
- The Most Weird Temples Found In India
- You Need To Thank These 'Bhaiyas' Of Our Lives!
- These Health Benefits Of Walking Barefoot Will Blow Your Mind!
- WTH! Vijay Mallya Is On The Run And Is Still Marrying For The 3rd Time!
- Real-life Story: Her Father In Law Abused Her And Nobody Believed It Until They Saw This…
- Google Doodle Remembers Late Actor Farooque Shaikh’s Birthday
- She Preserved Her Dead Son's Sperms To Only Become A Surrogate Grandmother!