Since the time Narendra Modi has taken charge of India, there is a lot of steady progress that is happening around. People are finally getting to reap the benefit of what the other lazy governments had not been doing.
One such striker move of Narendra Modi has been the appointment of India's 2nd Woman Defence Minister and the world cannot stop praising about it!
She is none other than Nirmala Sitharaman: Defence Minister. There is a lot to know about her before we just blindly follow the crowd and sing along praises for the latest Defence Minister of India - Nirmala Sitharaman.
Here is everything that you need to know about our country's new Defence Minister.
Nirmala Sitharaman was born on August 18th, 1959, in Madurai. She hails from a middle-class family, where her dad, Narayanan Sitharaman, worked in the Railways and her mother, Savitri, was a homemaker. As a kid, she spent her childhood in different parts of Tamil Nadu, as her dad's job led to many transfers.
She graduated from the Seethalakshmi Ramasamy College, Tiruchirappalli, after which she went on to join the Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi. This is where she completed her Masters in Economics.
She got married to Parakala Prabhakar and moved to London. There she worked at the Pricewaterhouse Cooper as a Senior Manager. Her husband, Dr. Parakala Prabhakar, is also known as an alumnus of the Jawaharlal Nehru University and the London School of Economics. The couple has a daughter.
In the year 2003, Sitharaman was made a member of the National Commission for Women (NCW) in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government. According to the reports, she remained as a NCW member until 2005. A year later, in 2006, Nirmala joined the Bhartiya Janta Party (BJP).
Her Journey As A Politician…
Sitharaman had been climbing the political ladder quite quickly, as after she joined BJP in 2006, it did not take much time for her to become a BJP spokesperson in the year 2010.
We hope with such a great woman taking charge of India, there are better days ahead that we would surely get to see!
- Woman Posed As A Man & Married 2 Girls For The Sake Of Dowry!
- Expert Interview: Childhood Cancer Awareness In India On The International Childhood Cancer Day
- Lesser-known Facts On Republic Day That Every Indian Must Be Aware Of
- The Story Behind The World's Youngest Serial Killer
- Girl Had A Tapeworm Cyst, Which Was Half The Size Of Her Brain, Removed!
- Things That “Sanskari” Women Would Never Do!
- History And Facts: How Did Prostitution Start In India?
- Sadhu Pulled A Truck With His Penis To Justify His Religious Devotion
- Real-life Stories: Beggar Earns 30,000 Monthly And Has 3 Wives!
- The Secrets Behind The Party Emblem of Rajnikanth
- The Unsung Hero Of India Who Made A Solar Car To Free India From Pollution
- Leadership Qualities Of Modi And Rahul Gandhi Based On Zodiac
- Journalists Who Raised Their Voice And Got Killed