Archaeologists look out for some of the interesting things of the past and if they come across something that completely defines the lifestyle of the past, it gets interesting to know about these.
Here, we bring to you an interesting case where the archaeologists have discovered headless toads kept safely in a pot in a cemetery of Jerusalem.
This discovery of the pot is under investigation and its study as an understanding of the Bronze era is getting interesting.
Read on to know more.
According To Researchers...
According to the researchers, finding sealed tombs are a "priceless treasure", as it explains on how they act as a kind of time capsule that sheds light on funerary customs of that particular era.
This Was Found In Jerusalem
The Israel's Antiquities Authority, which is also known as the IAA, had revealed that the remains of at least nine decapitated toads were found in a pot vessel, which was discovered inside a 4000-year-old tomb in Jerusalem.
It Is Believed To Be An Offering
The archaeologists revealed that it is believed that the remains were a part of a burial offering, which were offered for the deceased to use in the afterworld.
The Archaeologists Revealed
In regard to the headless toads that were found in the vessel, one of the archaeologists revealed: "It is impossible to determine what role the toads played, but they are clearly part of the funerary rituals."
What do you think the toads were offered as? Do share your thoughts on the same in the comment section below.
- Powerful Mantras Based On Your Zodiac Signs
- These Are Zodiac Signs Which Are Manipulative
- List Of Zodiac Signs That Are Short Tempered
- Pick A Key And Know About Your Subconscious Personality
- Zodiac Signs That Will Take Your Secrets To The Grave
- These Are The Fears That Can Trouble One Based On The Zodiac Sign
- What Would You Want From A Soulmate, As Per Your Zodiac Sign
- Everything You Need To Know About The American Zodiac Signs
- People Of These Zodiac Signs Can Suffer From Depression!
- Real-life Stories: Woman Was Buried Alive In A Coffin For 11 Days!
- Highly Addictive Personalities Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Based On Your Birth Month This Is How You Will Find Your Love
- Woman Posed As A Man & Married 2 Girls For The Sake Of Dowry!