- Movies Neetu Kapoor Shares Photo Of Ranbir Kapoor Proposing Alia Bhatt; The Latter Calls It Her 'Favourite Picture'
- News Maharashtra crisis: 'More than half' of rebels are in touch, claims Sanjay Raut
- Finance India's Budding Drone Industry To Grow Rs 15,000 Crore By 2026
- Education HPBOSE 10th Result 2022 Today: Steps To Check Himachal Class 10 Result, Websites To Check HP Board 10th Result
- Technology Moto G42 With SD680, Android 12 Launching On July 4; Flipkart Availability Confirmed
- Automobiles 2022 Kawasaki Versys 650 Launched At Rs 7.36 Lakh
- Sports 6IXTY 2022: Chris Gayle is brand ambassador, Universe Boss to play for trophy named after him
- Travel Peb Fort Trek, Maharashtra - Complete Guide
Japan is a country which is known to be prone to a lot of earthquakes. Just a few days back, an earthquake with high magnitude striked this nation and it makes the whole world think as to why so many earthquakes strike Japan?
Here, in this article, we are about to share some of the reasons as to why Japan is prone to so many earthquakes and other natural calamities.
Few people assume that this is because the place is cursed, while a few have baseless assumptions. We are here to clear it all...
Check out the actual reasons that will make one understand as to why earthquakes are this active in this region.
Japan is located along the so-called Pacific Ring of Fire. This is the most active earthquake belt in the world.
Pacific Ring of Fire
It is an imaginary horseshoe-shaped zone that follows the rim of the Pacific Ocean. This is the place where many of the world's earthquakes and volcanic eruptions occur.
What Actually Causes These Earthquakes?
The tectonic plates that are present in the Ring of Fire and beneath the Philippine Sea or the Pacific Ocean tend to mash and collide. This collision causes earthquakes.
Do All Earthquakes Lead To A Tsunami?
Not all earthquakes trigger tsunamis. The earthquake has to be shallow or the quake's epicenter has to be underneath the ocean and most importantly, an earthquake must be at least a magnitude-7 temblor to trigger a tsunami.
Also Read: People Who Died & Were Found Years Later
Highest Recorded Earthquake
Japan had recorded an earthquake with a magnitude of 7.0 earlier and it was the biggest in the history; however, the latest quake that striked this nation on November 22, 2016, has broken all the records. It had a magnitude of 7.4!
It Is Not The Only Nation Prone To Earthquakes!
Scientists have claimed that Japan is not the only nation that is prone to earthquakes. New Zealand, Alaska and west coasts of North and South America are also equally prone to earthquakes.
- womenWorld's Oldest Person Kane Tanaka Passes Away At 119: Know Her Secret To A Long Life
- pulseDolls Outnumber Humans In A Village In Japan
- diet fitnessThe Japanese Morning Banana Diet For Weight Loss
- lifeThings Indians Need To Adopt From Japan
- pulseEver Wondered Why Japanese Celebrate Doll Festival?
- anecdotesTrapping Neurotics
- pulseNow, A Robot Can Help You Shop!
- lifeVisit The Happiest Places In The World!
- insyncLonesome Japanese Resort To Renting Friends
- pulseSelf-Cleaning Walls And Water Striding Robots For You!
- women fashionBikini Jeans-when Fashion Gets Weirderâ€¦
- pulseRobotic Suites For Farmers