- 13 hrs ago Designer Virgil Abloh, Famous For High-End Streetwear, Passes Away At 41 From Cancer
- 15 hrs ago Omicron Reportedly Has 30+ Mutations In Spike Protein Region, May Bypass Vaccines: AIIMS Chief Randeep Guleria
- 16 hrs ago Amazon Sale: Awesome Smart And Elegant Watches For Women With Up To 60% Off
- 16 hrs ago Planning To Bleach Your Hair? 8 Things To Look Out For And A Step-By-Step Guide
- Movies Salman Khan: If Baahubali Can Do A Business Of Rs 500 Crores Then Why Not A Bollywood Movie?
- News Omicron variant scare: Lesson learnt hard, Here’s how states are preparing
- Finance Small Cap Company Stock To Watch Out After Dolly Khanna Ups Stake
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Livingstone's sensational half-century helps Team Abu Dhabi register massive victory
- Education KVPY Aptitude Test 2021 Date Announced, Check KVPY Fellowship Exam Date And Other Details Here
- Technology Oppo Reno7, Reno7 Pro India Pricing Details Out; Reno7 SE Not Coming
- Travel Discovery’s Lost Essence S2: Cyrus Sahukar Explores The Hidden Gems Of India
- Automobiles Nissan To Launch 15 New Electric Vehicles By 2030
Temple is a place of worship for Hindu devotees. And you can find en number of temples in this spiritual country. Every nook and corner, below the tree shades and near footpaths, you will find a big or small temple. But, there are few famous temples that are not only highly religious but one of the richest temples in India.
From celebrities to a layman, devotees around the world visit these popular and richest temples of India. If we take a closer look, Tirupati Balaji temple, Padmanabhaswamy temple, Shirdi Sai Baba temple, Siddhivinayak temple are few of the richest temples in India. Padmanabhaswamy temple in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala has found $20bn treasure that have been saved from many years. The money and valuables here are donated by devotees and this makes Lord Vishnu temple the richest temple in India. When you enter the temple, you can find 6 chambers out of which 4 chambers houses the documents and valuables. Chamber A and B stocks the collected cash, valuables of the devotees.
In 2011, a seven members committee found tonnes of gold coins, cash, precious stones that have been stored since years. The treasure belongs to Travancore Royal Family. So lets take a look at other richest temples of India.
Few of the richest temples in India:
With a treasure of more than $20bn, Padmanabhaswamy temple is not only the richest temple in India but world!
Tirumala Tirupati Venkateswara Temple
Commonly known as Tirupati temple, this is the second richest pilgrim located at Andhra Pradesh. More than 60,000 devotees visit this temple every day and treasures of more than Rs 650 crore is stored in the temple. This brings this temple under the list of richest temples of India.
Vaishno Devi Temple
Mata Vaishno Devi is not only one of the oldest, but richest temples of India. Millions of devotees visit this shrine to take the blessings of Mata Vaishno Devi. An estimate income of Rs 500 crore is collected every year.
This is another richest temple in India. It is not just a place for Bollywood celebrities to seek blessings but devotees around the world visit this Lord Ganesha temple. The dome over the temple is coated with 3.7 kilos of gold that is donated by a Kolkata based businessman.
Harmandir Sahib or Golden Temple
The most popular Sikh pilgrim is another richest temples in India. The canopy is made with gold and silver. The ‘Adi Granth' (Guru Granth Sahib) is studded with precious stones, diamonds and gems.
Even after being destructed many times, the Jyotirlinga is one of the spiritual pilgrims of India.
The historic Parvati temple in Madurai is famous in Tamil Nadu and another richest temple in India.
One of the oldest and richest temple of Jagannath is located in the coastal town of Puri, Orrisa.
Kashi Vishwanath temple
Located in Varanasi, this is one of the most popular, oldest and richest temples of Lord Shiva in India.