- Technology Sony IMX 686 Vs Samsung ISOCELL Bright GW1: Battle Of 64MP Smartphone Cameras
- Movies Sargun Mehta Wishes Hubby Ravi Dubey On Their 6th Wedding Anniversary With A Sweet Message
- News Amid violence Jharkhand Assembly polls 2nd phase ended with 63.36% voters turnout
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Martial land big win for Solskjaer
- Automobiles KTM 790 Adventure Showcased At India Bike Week Ahead Of 2020 Launch
- Finance Now 5,500 Railway Stations Have Free WiFi
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
Beauty products do well when they are marketed by beautiful women. There is no scope of doubt in this marketing strategy of cosmetic brands. Most leading cosmetic brands choose the reigning divas of Bollywood to be the face of their product line. In fact, the more endorsements a celebrity does, the higher is the brand value.
Celebrity endorsements also determine the value and positioning of a brand. For example, an anti-ageing cream will not sign up an actress or model in her twenties to be their brand ambassador. Take Olay as a cosmetic brand for example. Olay has used different celebrities to market several types of product lines, The anti-ageing beauty products of Olay are promoted by mature actresses like Kajol and Madhuri Dixit. Olay aslo has an anti-marks product that is marketed by 30-something celebrities like Soha Ali Khan and Tisca Chopra. The Olay fairness cream has Katrina Kaif as its face.
Often, celebrities also replace each other as the face of a particular cosmetic brand. This can signal that the crown is slipping from the previous brand ambassador. It could also mean that the brand itself needs a face lift. Recently, Deepika Padukone replaced Priyanka Chopra to become the face of Garnier.
Let us take look at some of the best celebrity endorsements for cosmetic products.
Deepika Padukone For Garnier
Deepika Padukone recently replaced Priyanka Chopra to become the brand ambassador of Garnier.
Kareena Kapoor For Boroplus
Kareena Kapoor gave Boroplus a huge face lift. It was once considered a low-value brand but now Kareena has endorsed it for 5 years.
Madhuri Dixit For Olay
Who better than the eternally beautiful Madhuri Dixit can endorse an anti-ageing cream?
Kajol For Olay
Kajol is one of those celebrities who have started looking better with age. That is why she was an ideal choice for Olay.
Katrina Kaif For Olay
Katrina is the young face of Olay. She endorses their fairness cream.
Sonam Kapoor For Loreal
Sonam Kapoor endorses the perfect radiance cream for Loreal. Its tag line is 'as perfect as a pearl'.
Yami Gautam For Fair & Lovely
She was a model for Fair & Lovely even before she became famous with her debut film, Vicky Donor.
Priyanka Chopra For Ganier
Priyanka Chopra was famous for her advertisement with the spotted puppy. It was an ad for an anti-spots cream.