Chennai, Jun 26 (UNI) Today is International Day against Drug abuse and Illegal Trafficking.
To mark the occasion the Indian Community Welfare Organisation today launched an 'Anti-pimp' drive.
Talking to newspersons here, ICWO Secretary A J Hariharan said "it is estimated about one lakh people comprising mostly women and children are being trafficked every year in the country."
"If traffickers are reduced, we can easily prevent children and women from being pushed into prostitution.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Bring Desktop Gadgets To Windows 10
- This Dussehra Witness The World's Tallest Effigy Of Ravana In Haryana
- Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Happy Birthday Sunny Deol: Knowing The Man Beyond 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath'!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Kidambi Srikanth Stuns Lin Dan To Enter Denmark Open Quarterfinals
- BECIL Recruitment 2018 For 33 Technicians