- 6 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 8 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 8 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Movies Randeep Hooda Opens Up About His Ouster From Mira Nair’s A Suitable Boy
- News Seeking to provide Indian citizenship, Lok Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Netflix Subscription In Jaipur, Guntur
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Lets use natural home air purifier for a better living as the air we breathe is loaded with pollutants. The multiple emissions – both visible and invisible – envelope us in layers forcing us to breathe anything but polluted air. Sad to say these polluting agents are the creations of us, mankind. In order to counter these and come up clean air we go on to produce air purifiers, once again products out of the laboratory. We fail to realize that nature has gifted us with numerous natural air purifier plants. These plants, when placed in homes and offices help us get rid of many toxins emitted by products around us.
One fact that we all know about plants is that they give us oxygen, something without which we would not be able to survive. They also take in carbon-di-oxide and make the air conducive to our wellbeing. But the thing that many of us do not know is that apart from giving oxygen and taking carbon-di-oxide plants also help clean the air. There are many such plants that act as natural home air purifiers.
Consider the following. It will not be surprising that half way through you will be considering getting one for your home or office.
1. Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum):
Formaldehyde, benzene, and trichloroethylene - the peace lily helps rid the air of these three. True to its name it brings about ‘peace' in the air surrounding it and helps us breathe clean air.
Aloe or aloe vera, this plant belongs to the lily family and is a very versatile one. It clears the air off formaldehyde and benzene, often by-products of paints and cleaners. These need very low maintenance and grow rapidly. The succulent leaves contain a thick gel which is very useful both for internal consumption and external application.
3. Snake Plant & its benefits (Sansevieria trifasciata 'Laurentii'):
This mother-in-law's tongue survives comfortably in low light and can withstand the humid air of your bathroom. Among natural air purifier plants this can be an excellent choice for the bathroom. It is very effective in getting rid of formaldehyde often found in cleaning products.
4. Spider Plant (Chlorophytum comosum):
Another low maintenance plant so much so that even if you neglect it for some time it is not going to die. Very effective in fighting formaldehyde, carbon monoxide, benzene and xylene this plant is a sure keeper for every home.
5. Gerber Daisy (Gerbera jamesonii):
Bright colored with numerous petals, these beautiful flowers have a duty to perform. They help filter out trichloroethylene, a chemical you may be bringing home with your dry cleaned clothes. The plant does require adequate amount of light so if you have a spot suited for it you should go for these.
6. Golden Pathos (Scindapsus aures) :
Often known as the money plant in India these plants have nothing to do with money but can do a great deal of good to the air. These are once again natural home air purifiers and can survive indoors. Once in a while you can place them out in the sun but not required on a daily basis.
7. Chrysanthemum (Chrysantheium morifolium) :
Bright and beautiful is what this plant is all about. The flowers are an exciting color and the plant helps filter out benzene often found in various items in the house like glue and paint.
8. English Ivy (Hedera helix):
Like many of its counterparts the English ivy is a good natural air purifier plant that helps clean the air off formaldehyde. Besides that researches have also found this plant to be reducing airborne fecal particles.
9. Rubber Plant (Ficus elastic):
Large, shiny and thick leaves are what the rubber plant has and these leaves effectively get rid of formaldehyde from the air. It can easily survive in low light and is requires less maintenance than many others.
10. Areca Palm (Chrysalidocarpus lutescens):
These come from the island of Madagascar and form a beautiful cluster. They are not only good agents for cleaning the air but also favorites as ornamental plants. These palms help get rid of carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, benzene and trichloroethylene.
With such a rich source of natural air purifier plants why would one want to go for chemical preparations, Let us get back to nature for our needs and live a healthy clean life.