- 1 min ago On Malavika Mohanan’s Birthday, Her 5 Floral Outfits That Will Leave You Inspired
- 17 hrs ago Zareen Khan, Malaika Arora, Neha Sharma And Genelia Deshmukh Stun Us With Their Awesome Gowns
- 19 hrs ago Panchamrut Recipe: How To Prepare The Auspicious Sweet Prasad Dish At Home
- 19 hrs ago Kamika Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- News In unprecedented move, Afghan’s first VP takes to streets against Taliban
- Technology JioFiber Users Can Make Video Calls From TV Via Smartphone Camera
- Movies Neelam Kothari Admits Getting Stereotyped At The Start Of Her Career; 'Today, Actresses Get To Be The Hero'
- Finance PM KISAN 9th Installment Will Be Released On This Date
- Sports India vs England 1st Test: Stats Preview: Virat Kohli, Ravindra Jadeja, Ashwin eye big records
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For July 2021: Skoda Registers Over 3,000 Units Last Month
- Education CBSE School Wise Result 2021 For Class 10th And 12th At cbseresults.nic.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Manipur In August
Whether you have a kitchen garden at the backyard of your house, or have a terrace garden to grow vegetables, you should have plants that are seasonal. Are you growing a summer garden?
Then, you should choose summer vegetables that can be grown from late spring to summer season in your kitchen gardens. These vegetables require long, warm days with a warm temperature.
Growing something on your own can give you a great feeling from within. Those who are passionate about gardening, often choose to grow vegetables during the summer time, as it is known to be the best season to be growing a lot of veggies.
Today, you will get to know about the 8 common summer vegetables that you can grow in your kitchen garden. Read on to know more.
This vegetable tastes great when added in salads and various other side dishes. It adds crunchiness to your dishes. The best time to get the best yield of beans is from June to July. If you have a small space, plant bean seeds vertically in a row, so that you get a good amount of space for the other vegetables.
You can consider it both as a vegetable or fruit. To grow cucumbers, you will need a warm weather. In tropical countries, this type of weather is available at summer.
Grow cucumbers at your backyard and the vine will also make your yard look beautiful. To enhance its production, you should pick the old ones.
Usually, tomatoes are vegetables of late spring. They attract insects, hence you must use some good-quality insecticides. You can plant tomatoes with several other herbs like sweet basil, as the aroma will work like an insecticide.
Eggplants are of the same family of tomatoes and as both of these veggies attract similar pests, you should never plant these two close to each other. That would be a feast to the pests! June-July is the best time to grow eggplants, as it needs warm and fog-less days.
To grow peppers, the three most important criteria are - bright sunny days, consistent moisture and well-drained soil.
Once you see flowers in the plant, start using organic fertilizers. The more sunny days the plant gets, the more it produces spicy and hot peppers.
Though there are several varieties of mushrooms available around the world, there are two types of mushrooms that grow in summer - porcinis and chanterelles. Mushrooms are full of nutrition and you can have it in a variety of ways.
7. Summer Squash
Transplanting squash will not be a good idea. You should sow it directly into the bed as soon as the winter is gone. Well-drained and nutrition-rich soil is very important for the best growth of summer squash.
8. Sweet Corn:
This is another nutritious vegetable that grows in summer. Summer breeze is very much essential for the pollination of sweet corn. This vegetable can also be used in a variety of dishes and you can have it just boiled.
These are certain vegetables that you can grow at your kitchen garden during summer. Apart from these, you can also grow watermelon, muskmelon, etc., during summer.