- 11 hrs ago From Deepika Padukone To Tamannaah Bhatia, These Divas Gave Us Sari Goals For Various Occasions
- 12 hrs ago Gauri Khan's Corset And Geometrically-Patterned Lehenga Is The Refreshing Outfit We All Wish We Had
- 12 hrs ago 8 Diseases Caused Due To Poor Sexual Hygiene
- 13 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Zendaya, Shraddha Kapoor, Hina Khan & More
- Technology Flipkart Republic Day Sale 2020: Offers And Discounts On Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Xiaomi And More
- Movies TRP Toppers Online: Bigg Boss 13 Tops Chart With Record Breaking Number; Naagin 4 Witnesses Drop
- Sports Hero I-League 2019-20: Churchill Brothers look to halt TRAU’s winning run
- News No state can deny implementation of CAA, it’s unconstitutional: Kapil Sibal
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Container Gardening is the practice of growing plants exclusively in containers instead of planting them in the ground. The best feature of growing a container Garden is that you can create a whole new garden every time.
Here is how you can make container gardening successful at your very own home:-
- You have to make sure that there is enough room in the container for the plants an the soil. Keep in mind the mature size of the plant. Make sure that there is enough room for the roots to move downward into the soil.
- Provide good drainage system for container gardening. Always have the facility of drainage holes or at least have 1 to 2 inch layer of gravel at the bottom of the container.
- Use good soil. Mix the soil with perlite, and peat which will retain moisture for a longer time and will be well draining.
- Its best the you choose plants with the same cultural requirements. Unlike a garden bed , you can now select plants that will be happy to get the same amount of water and sunlight and food.
- During summer, most of the plants are going to require daily watering. So make sure to water them on a frequently to avoid the plant from becoming dry.
- Balance the size of your container and the plant. Try to make sure that the plants dont grow twice the size of the container.
- Lack of water can kill your plant, especially if it is a container garden. Unlike the plants that grow in the ground, the container plant roots cannot move down deep in to the soil in search of subsurface water. So make sure to check the plants often so that they don't thrive for water.
- Use a good fertilizer for your plant. For container plants , the roots cannot spread out for additional food in the soil , so you have to provide good soil nutrients regularly.
You should know that there are many types of plants that are suitable for container gardening. The secret to container gardening is that the sequence of bloom is entirely within the gardener's control.