- 30 min ago Top 15 Health Benefits of Quail Eggs
- 1 hr ago This Video Of A Boy 'Fainting' At His Circumcision Will Put A Smile On Your Face
- 15 hrs ago Congratulations To Arjun Rampal & Gabriella Demetriades! Baby Care Tips For New Parents
- 16 hrs ago Man Finds Wedding Ring Atop A Carrot 3 Years After It Went Missing
- Sports Sachin Tendulkar and Allan Donald inducted into ICC Hall of Fame
- Movies Sushmita Sen Shares An Achievement With Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra
- News Direct link to download West Bengal Police Admit Card 2019, check instructions
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A80 With 48 MP Rotatable Camera Launched For Rs. 47,990 In India
- Automobiles 2019 Datsun Redi-GO Launched: Updated With New Features & Safety Equipment
- Finance Model Tenancy Act To Give A Fillip To Rental Housing: Here's A Fine Print
- Education DU JAT Result 2019 Released: Check Direct Links And Final Answer Key
- Travel 5 Ideal Weekend Getaways in Chandigarh
Lanterns are very much in trend these days. You might think that with all the electronic lighting options, lanterns for home decor must have become obsolete. But that is not the case. There are different types of lanterns these days that make great lighting ideas for your home.
We can find various types of lanterns for decoration these days. While some types of lanterns still use candles or oil lamps for the vintage look, others have a modern appeal. Some types of electronic lanterns use bulbs and wiring too.
Some types of lanterns can be created from used items at home. Paper lanterns and cloth lanterns are the best examples of this. You can also use artistically made lanterns for home decor. These days asymmetrical ceramic lanterns, are really popular.
So here are some ideas for using different types of lanterns to decorate your home.
Its the huge Chinese lanterns that brought paper lanterns into vogue. The large and colourful balloon like lanterns are both cheap and effective for making your home decor look creative.
This is a lantern that has come straight out of the 19th century. These type of traditional lanterns can still add an ethnic touch to your home.
Ceramic is a material that is usually used to make crockery. However, you can use ceramic lanterns in your drawing room to give it a sleek look. Choose longitudinal designs in ceramic because they make interesting lighting patterns.
You can use discarded bottles in your house to make brilliant lanterns. This could also be your kid's 'best out of waste' crafts project for school.
Halogen lights are best for areas that need bright light. You can hang a halogen lantern over your kitchen table to help you cook and eat in bright lights. Halogen lanterns look best in metallic shades.
Jack-o-lanterns are made by carving pumpkins. They are usually made around Halloween. But if you are having a scary theme party at home, you can try carving some pumpkin lanterns.
Cloth lanterns are cost effective and very elegant. You can easily prepare them with your old scarves or tunics. Make sure you use low power lights in cloth lanterns or else the cloth may burn.
Plastic lanterns are very common these days. They are cheap and durable. Use plastic lanterns in geometrical shapes and various vibrant shades of colour.
Stained Glass Lanterns
Stained glass lanterns will give you tinted tint that gives your home a very Gothic ambiance. Stained glass lanterns looks very delicate and infuse your home with a mysterious aura.