- 54 min ago What Do Indian Cities Smell Like?
- 1 hr ago Kriti Sanon’s Striped Co-Ord Outfit Echoes Monochrome Style Loud And Clear, Pics!
- 1 hr ago Try These Lip Sleeping Masks For Dry, Chapped Lips: 2 DIY Recipes
- 7 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 28 November 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- Technology Red Planet Day 2022: Everything To Know About This Historic Day
- News China reports sharp spike in COVID cases amid renewed protests against President Xi Jinping, lockdowns
- Finance Motilal Oswal Has Buy Rating For This Large Cap Multibagger Banking Stock, Target Price 1100
- Movies Nora Fatehi Wipes Away Her Tears As She Remembers Being ‘BETRAYED' In Love |Watch Video
- Sports ICC World Cup 2023: Afghanistan confirm automatic qualification for ODI WC in India
- Automobiles This Kia Customer Gets A Free Sonet SUV From The Dealership - Here's How
- Travel Pangong Frozen Lake Marathon: First Marathon At An Altitude Of 13,862 Feet
- Education How Free courses being offered by Google can boost your career growth?
Every year, on 29 September, World Heart Day is celebrated which aims at raising awareness about cardiovascular diseases, including heart disease and stroke. The World Heart Day 2022 theme is 'Use Heart for Every Heart.'
In line with the theme, the goal is to bring people from all around the world together in order to fight cardiovascular diseases.
This year, the World Heart Federation focuses on creating a global community of heart heroes - people from all walks of life who are preparing now to live longer, better, heart-healthy lives by making a promise which includes the following:
- A promise to families to cook and eat healthy food.
- A promise to children to make them more physically active and stop them from smoking.
- A promise as a healthcare professional to help patients in reducing their cholesterol levels and give up smoking.
- A promise as a policymaker to abide by policies that promote healthy hearts.
- A promise as an employee to build a heart-healthy workplace.
History Of World Heart Day
World Heart Day is an initiative of the World Heart Federation, founded in 2000. World Heart Federation (WHF) is a non-governmental organization based in Geneva, Switzerland. The members of the World Heart Federation are actively involved in the celebration in order to spread the information of premature deaths from heart disease.
In this campaign, there are many collaborators of the World Heart Federation, including several major organizations like the Indian Heart Association.
Significance Of World Heart Day
World Heart Day is a campaign established to spread awareness about keeping the heart healthy among people throughout the world.
World Heart Day informs people around the world that cardiovascular diseases, including stroke and heart disease, are the world's leading cause of death claiming 17.9 million lives every year.
It also focuses on the actions that people can take to prevent and control cardiovascular diseases by controlling risk factors like unhealthy diet, physical inactivity, etc. This could avoid 80% of premature deaths from heart disease and stroke.
Cardiovascular disease accounts for nearly half of all non-communicable diseases deaths, making it the number one cause of death globally.
In May 2012, the world leaders planned to reduce global mortality from non-communicable diseases by 25% by 2025.
- disorders-cureCongestive Heart Failure (CHF): Types, Stages, Symptoms, Causes, Risks, Diagnosis And Treatment
- pulseGujarat Day 2022: Date, History And Significance Of The Day
- wellnessWorld Health Day 2022: Date, Theme, History And Significance Of The Day
- festivalsHoli Bhai Dooj 2022: Date, Shubh Muhurat, Significance And How To Do Tilak
- festivalsLohri 2021: Date, Significance And Puja Vidhi Of This Festival
- festivalsDiwali 2019: Date, Muhurat And Significance
- insyncWorld Post Day 2019: Date, Significance And History
- pulseInternational Coffee Day 2019: History And Significance
- healthWorld Deaf Day 2019: Date, Significance, History And Objectives
- healthWorld Rabies Day 2019: Date, History, Theme And Significance
- healthWorld Pharmacists Day 2019: Date, Theme And Significance
- festivalsNavratri 2019: Dates, Muhurat Timings And Significance
- wellnessWorld Patient Safety Day 2022: Significance And How Hospitals Ensure Patient Safety