- 4 hrs ago Urvashi Rautela, Before Cannes Underwent Reiki Treatment For More Serenity
- 6 hrs ago Got Dandruff On Eyebrows? Here Are 8 Simple Tips To Get Rid Of Eyebrow Dandruff
- 9 hrs ago Elon Musk To Launch Humanoid Robot 'Tesla Optimus' In Three Months
- 10 hrs ago Who Was Anne Frank? Google Dedicates Doodle To Honour The Life Of The Holocaust Victim
- News Fact Check: How true is this claim about FASTag scam?
- Sports India vs Ireland 1st T20I: Dublin Malahide Stadium Pitch Report, Weather Forecast, Boundary Dimensions, Stats
- Finance Bitcoin Plunges Again Today To US$ 21,093: Volatility Remains
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Ravivaar With Star Parivaar Makes It To 2nd Spot; Naagin 6 Drops To 10th
- Education TS EAMCET Hall Ticket 2022 Released At eamcet.tsche.ac.in, Download Admit Card Here
- Automobiles Mahindra Scorpio N - All Variants Engine & Other Specifications Leaked
- Technology Apple Back To School Offer; Free iPods, Discounts On MacBooks & iPads
- Travel 5 Best Easy Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
To achieve the goal of eliminating tuberculosis by 2025, the Government will soon launch a programme as part of which people and institutions can adapt blocks, wards, or even individual patients, and provide nutritional, treatment and vocational support to TB patients.
In a letter to all states and UTs, the Union Health Ministry has urged them to undertake all preparations for the roll-out of the "Community Support to TB Patients" in a mission mode in all districts and blocks, official sources said on Monday.
The initiative is likely to be formally launched in the first week of June, they said.
Under this project, a facilitating mechanism is to be implemented to enable the elected representatives, non-governmental organisations, individuals, institutions (both public and private) and partners to support efforts to end tuberculosis by adopting blocks, urban wards or districts.
The type of assistance that may be provided by the donors to the consented TB patients are nutritional support, additional investigations for the diagnosed TB patient as well as vocational support, an official source explained.
The minimum period of commitment for providing additional support to the TB patient shall be one year, he said.
According to the 'Guidance Document' shared by the Centre with the states, all TB patients who are notified and whose treatment outcome is not updated shall be considered as existing TB patients and will be approached for consent for availing community support under the initiative.
The list of such patients shall be generated from Nikshay at the block or urban ward level by the corresponding TB unit and shall be shared with the PHC or sub-centre concerned for further action, the source said.
Patients will be given a choice of whether or not to enrol in the programme, and the decision will not affect any of the existing services available to patients. A health worker shall then seek consent from patients for enrolling them for the support using the consent form. The status of the consent shall be entered on Nikshay (Ni=End, Kshay=TB) portal by the health staff concerned, he said.
- wellnessSerum Institute Seeks Emergency Use Authorisation For Its rBCG Tuberculosis Vaccine
- wellnessWorld TB Day 2022: How Does Tuberculosis Affect Fertility? (Expert Article)
- babyWorld TB Day 2022: Tuberculosis In Babies And Children, Its Stages, Symptoms And Can It Be Prevented?
- disorders cureWorld TB Day 2022: FAQs On Tuberculosis Treatment And Its Link To COVID-19
- disorders cureWorld TB Day: Expert Article On Tuberculosis And Ayurveda
- nutritionWorld TB Day 2022: Foods To Consume And Avoid By Tuberculosis Patients
- disorders cureWorld TB Day: More Than 40% Of Indian Population Carry Tuberculosis Infection But Only 10% Get The Disease
- healthFujifilm India Launches 'Never Stop: Screening to Reduce Diagnostic Delays' Campaign On Tuberculosis
- disorders cureCOVID-19 And Tuberculosis: Can TB Increase COVID Risk?
- disorders cureCan TB Vaccine Fight Against Coronavirus? What Do Studies Say?
- disorders cureSilicosis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- disorders cureWorld Tuberculosis Day: Ayurvedic Treatment For Pulmonary Tuberculosis