- 8 hrs ago 28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- 12 hrs ago Floral- Perfect! Pooja Hegde’s Pink Traditional Outfit Is Ideal For Upcoming Festive Occasions
- 14 hrs ago From Purple Hair To Blue Eye Shadow To Pink Lipstick, Lady Gaga’s Recent Look Is All About Colours
- 17 hrs ago Upma Recipe: How To Make It At Home
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar January 17 Highlights: Salman Khan Reveals No One Will Be Eliminated This Week
- Sports Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United: Stalemate keeps Red Devils top of Premier League
- News Parliament panel summons Facebook and Twitter officials on Jan 21
- Technology Motorola Nio Design Tipped Via Leaked Hand-On Images; To Flaunt Dual-Slefie Camera Module
- Automobiles Kawasaki Bikes Offers & New-Year Discounts For January 2021: Benefits Of Rs 50,000 On Select Models
- Finance 3 Housing Finance Stocks That Can Generate Solid Returns
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In January
- Education Bihar Board 12th Admit Card 2021, Download BSEB Intermediate Admit Card 2021 at biharboardonline.com
Mustard oil is among the commonly used oils for culinary and therapeutic purposes. The rich flavour and aroma of the oil are known to enhance the taste of any dish, making them nutritional at the same time with its amazing benefits. Mustard oil is composed of fatty acids like monosaturated fatty acids (59 g), saturated fatty acids (11 g) and polyunsaturated fatty acids (21 g). The oil is widely used for cooking in the northern part of India, Thailand, Bangladesh and some western countries.
In Ayurveda, the amazing benefits of mustard oil for cooking is mentioned tremendously. Due to the high smoking point of this oil, it is ideal for deep frying and heating foods. The versatility of mustard oil is highly praised. Take a look at the benefits of mustard oil for cooking.
1. Helps Lower The Risk Of Heart Diseases
Coronary heart disease (CHD) is among the leading cause of deaths worldwide. Edible oils play an important role in treating and managing CHD. According to a study, mustard oil is packed with monosaturated fatty acids that significantly help lower the cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of CHD. 
2. Has Cancer-Fighting Properties
According to a study, dietary mustard oil containing omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acid is very effective to reduce colon cancer in animals compared to dietary fish oil or corn oil. The study also found that the tumour was reduced to 50%. 
3. Acts As A Taste Enhancer
Allyl isothiocyanate, a chemical compound found in mustard oil is responsible for the strong and pungent taste of the oil. This is why mustard oil is considered a taste enhancer as it lifts up the taste of every dish in which it is added.
4. Inhibits Bladder Cancer
Mustard oil is known to contain a chemical compound called Allyl isothiocyanate that inhibits the development of bladder cancer by 34.5%. This cancer-preventing agent in mustard oil is also responsible for its pungent smell. 
5. Helps Improve Digestion
The antimicrobial property of mustard oil fights off the microorganisms of the digestive system along with killing the bacteria of the teeth. This help improves the digestion and health of the liver and spleen that helps in producing digestive enzymes.
6. Helps Reduce Body Weight
A study says that diacylglycerol rich mustard oil significantly helps reduce the weight of the body. It helps reduce the total cholesterol levels of the body with an increase in HDL cholesterol levels, the good cholesterol of the body. 
7. Helps To Reduce Inflammation
Mustard oil is very efficient to treat inflammatory diseases. Adding mustard oil daily in the diet helps activate the sensory nerves of the body. Also, the presence of allyl isothiocyanate in the oil reduces a wide range of inflammation. 
1. Is cooking in mustard oil healthy?
Yes, cooking in mustard oil is healthy for the heart, bones, digestive system and nervous system due to the presence of monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids in it.
2. Can we cook in mustard oil?
Yes, we can cook in mustard oil. The oil is, in fact, largely used in culinary for deep frying, heating, sauteing and flavouring the dishes due to its high smoking point of 249-degree Celcius.
3. Does mustard oil darken skin?
No, there is no such evidence saying that mustard oil darkens the skin. In fact, mustard oil is considered best for the skin as it treats skin rashes, keeps insects away and makes the skin glow even prettier and healthier than before.