- 3 hrs ago 4 DIY Hair Masks For Monsoon Season, To Manage Hair Fall And Dandruff
- 6 hrs ago Hadid Sisters Hit Runway For Marc Jacobs With Partially 'Shaved' Heads And Bleached Brows
- 6 hrs ago July 2022: Lucky And Unlucky Zodiac Signs This Month
- 7 hrs ago Expert Article: Pericoronitis, An Unfamiliar But Agonizing Dental Issue
- Movies Is it Ajith Vs Vijay For Pongal 2023? Fans Of Both The Actors Await With Bated Breath!
- Finance FD Interest Rate Comparison After Revision On July 1, 2022: Kotak Vs IDFC Vs Punjab & Sind Bank
- Education IDBI Executive Call Letter 2022 Released For Online Examination, Download IDBI Bank Executive Admit Card
- News Anti terror agency roped in to probe murder of Maharashtra chemist
- Sports Karnataka T20 League: KSCA to conduct tournament from August 15 -- Winners List, History, Teams
- Automobiles 2022 TVS iQube - Can It Compete With The Best Now?
- Technology Xiaomi 12S Series To Get Eco-Friendly Leather Rear Panel; Expected Features, Specs
- Travel Best Day Trips From Mumbai To Take Now
The AIIMS will start the booster dose trial of Bharat Biotech's intranasal COVID-19 vaccine from Friday. The booster dose will be given to those who have received both the doses of either Covaxin or Covishield at least five months ago but not more than seven months back, Dr Sanjay Rai, Professor at the Centre for Community Medicine at AIIMS, New Delhi told PTI.
India is yet to approve the use of intranasal vaccine against COVID-19, BBV154 developed by the Hyderabad based company.
The Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI) in January had given permission to Bharat Biotech to conduct a phase-3 randomized, multi-centric study to evaluate the immunogenicity and safety of the booster dose in participants previously vaccinated with Covishield or Covaxin.
"We got the ethical approval for initiating the booster dose trial on Wednesday. Registration for the participants will start from March 10 via email --HYPERLINK "mailto:email@example.com"firstname.lastname@example.org --- and WhatsApp (7428847499) for those who received both the doses of either Covaxin or Covishield more than 5 months but less than 7 months ago," Dr Rai said.
AIIMS, New Delhi is one of the five sites where the booster trial for the nasal vaccine will be conducted.
BBV154 is an intranasal replication-deficient chimpanzee adenovirus SARS-CoV-2 vectored vaccine.
- wellnessHow Does COVID Spread During Short Conversations?
- wellnessNTAGI To Review Covaxin Corbevax Data For 6-12 Years Thursday, Discuss Reducing Booster Dose Gap
- wellnessDr Reddy's Lab To Approach Regulator For Sputnik Light As Universal Booster Dose
- healthCovid-19 Vaccination: SC Order States That 'No One Can Be Forced To Get Vaccinated:' 7 Main Points
- wellnessFree Precaution Doses At Hospitals Soon: Delhi Government
- wellnessHow To Safely Reuse N95 Masks: Expert Explains
- disorders cureCovid Omicron XE: Symptoms And Everything You Need To Know About The Combined Variant
- wellnessCOVID-19 Precaution Dose For 18+ Age Group From April 10: See If You Are Eligible
- wellnessNew COVID Mutant XE Omicron Variant Could Be Most Transmissible Yet: WHO
- wellnessBooster Dose Of COVID Vaccine Needed To Fight Against Omicron: Study
- disorders cureHybrid COVID Variant Reported In India: Know The Symptoms Here
- kidsCoronavirus Vaccination For Kids Between 12-14 Years To Begin From March 16: Government