- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope, 05 October 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 14 hrs ago Iconic Band Depeche Mode Announce New Album And World Tour
- 15 hrs ago Jacqueline Fernandez's Go-To Haircare Ingredients Are Egg White And Beer: Ways To Add It To Your Hair Care
- 16 hrs ago Happy Birthday Shweta Tiwari: TV Star Scores High In The Fashion Game
- News PFI ban and after: Why the threat still looms large?
- Sports Team India will take a call on Jasprit Bumrah's replacement in Australia, reveals Rohit Sharma
- Finance Buy The Stock Of SBI, Says Prabhudas Lilladher For A Target Price Of Rs 650
- Movies Godfather Review: Chiranjeevi's Remake Is Quite Different From Lucifer
- Technology Google Pixel Watch To Break Cover On October 6: Everything We Know So Far
- Automobiles Zontes Motorcycles Launched In India: Chinese Motorcycles Priced Higher Than The Competition
- Education Odisha NEET 2022 Counselling registration begins: apply by October 10
- Travel Bisti Widlerness: A Must-See Natural Wonder In The USA
Blood circulation refers to the blood flow through the arteries and veins. The more the blood circulates properly, there will be less wear and tear of your heart and your heart will be in a much better state. In this article, we will be writing about the foods that are good for blood circulation.
The importance of blood circulation is immense as it carries oxygen to various parts of the body, helps in regulating body temperature and fights infections and diseases.
If the blood is not circulating properly to different parts of the body, you will experience a loss of appetite, unexplained digestive problems, consistent numbness in the limbs, skin discolouration, frequent exhaustion, varicose veins and brittle hair and nails.
What Are The Causes Of Poor Blood Circulation?
Smoking is the primary cause of poor blood circulation due to the presence of carbon monoxide present in it that damages the layer of cells and plaques develop in the walls of the arteries.
Also, a sedentary lifestyle, binging on fast foods, high or low blood pressure and cholesterol could be other reasons for poor blood circulation.
Listed below are the top foods one should eat to improve blood circulation:
1. Cold-water Fish
4. Green tea
8. Dark chocolate
1. Cold-water Fish
Salmon, mackerel, and other cold water fishes are rich in omega 3 fatty acids. These fatty acids are the healthiest kinds of fats which are good for the heart and the circulatory system. It also helps in reducing inflammation and stickiness of platelets in the blood.
Eat fish at least twice or thrice a week to reap its benefits.
Oranges are high in vitamin C which has a fantastic effect on the circulatory system, particularly the tiny capillaries that carry blood from the arteries directly to the cells. Vitamin C is also necessary for the formation of collagen. Other foods that have vitamin C are lemons, bell peppers, pineapple, broccoli, and strawberries.
Nuts are excellent for improving circulation as well as they are rich in magnesium and L-arginine. Magnesium is an essential mineral that helps the arteries relax so they can expand and contract. L-arginine on the other hand, is used to produce nitric oxide, a compound that also helps arteries dilate.
4. Green Tea
If you are drinking milk tea often, then it's time that you switch to green tea which will stimulate your bodily functions. Green tea widens your blood vessels and thus increases the blood flow. It is full of antioxidants that will improve your overall health as well.
Garlic stimulates blood flow and also contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties that will keep your digestion process in place. Garlic also contains organosulfur compounds that aid the body to fight infections and flush out the toxins. Ginger and onions are also really great in improving the circulation.
Herbs are excellent for improving circulation and are effective when it comes to treating any sickness. Bilberry, parsley, etc. are some of the herbs that increase blood circulation.
Beetroots are rich in nitrate which are known to improve blood circulation. Nitrate gets converted into nitric oxide inside the body which helps the arteries to dilate.
8. Dark Chocolate
Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants that improve circulation and blood flow. It contains potent antioxidants like flavonoids that have the ability to stop free radical activity and prevent inflammation.
Share this article!
- nutritionWorld TB Day 2022: Foods To Consume And Avoid By Tuberculosis Patients
- kidsExpert Article: Importance of Nutrition for Teenagers
- prenatalMother’s Day Special: Healthy Food For Moms After Second Pregnancy
- wellnessRamadan 2021: Foods To Eat And Avoid For Fasting Associated Dehydration
- nutritionAll The Foods That Make You Hungrier After Eating Them!
- wellnessBest Superfoods For Men And Women Over 40
- wellness28 Best Foods To Lower Cholesterol
- wellness18 Low-Oxalate Foods That May Help Prevent The Risk Of Kidney Stones
- prenatalHealthy Foods To Eat During The Third Trimester Of Pregnancy
- wellness9 Healthy Greek Foods To Improve Your Overall Health
- wellnessPsoriatic Arthritis Diet: Foods To Eat And Avoid
- nutritionEat These Foods Guilt Free! List Of Foods That Do Not Cause Weight Gain