- 41 min ago Grammys 2020: Billie Eilish Wins Big And Here Is A Look At Her Rebel Fashion Game
- 1 hr ago Hina Khan Looks Insanely Beautiful In Her Ivory Leaf-Patterns Sari
- 3 hrs ago Grammys 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Impresses In A Satin Gown But Disappoints In A Sequin Kimono
- 6 hrs ago 9 Interesting Health Benefits Of Pecans
- Movies RIP Kobe Bryant: Rishi Kapoor Shares Son Ranbir Kapoor's Fan Moment With Basketball Legend
- News How China's deadly virus is sending shockwaves through Asia's tourism industry
- Sports Bumrah, Rabada best bowlers around; Kohli, Smith best batsmen: McGrath
- Technology Motorola Razr 5G Might See The Light Of Day But Not In International Markets
- Finance Centre To Increase Deposit Insurance To Rs. 5 Lakh, Pay More On Bank Failure
- Automobiles Tata Altroz Imaginator Launched: Five Options To Customize Your Altroz At The Factory
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Many of us have faced issues with our tonsils as kids. It started with throat pain, accompanied by fever, cough and cold. We found it difficult to swallow anything as the doctors said that our tonsils had swollen up. So what are these tonsils and what health issues can they cause? In this article we shall discuss certain health issues that are caused by tonsils.
Tonsils are located at the back of the throat. These are a part of the body's lymphatic system. These are in charge of fighting off infections. When viruses and bacteria try to enter the body through the nose and mouth, the tonsils trap them and fight them off. However, they can also cause some health issues.
The first one of these is snoring. Yes, it is hard to believe that your tonsils can cause snoring but according to research, tonsils can cause snoring. When your tonsils get swollen, they obstruct the free flow of air into the mouth. This ends up causing the person to snore. This is harmless, unless and until it results in sleep apnea.
Your tonsils can end up causing bad breath. According to research a lot of people suffer from bad breath. Although this may be caused due to infections in the mouth, lack of oral hygiene, etc., tonsils have been also found to cause bad breath.
This is due to the debris that accumulate in the tonsils. Dead cells, mucus and bacteria get clogged in the tonsils and cause an unhygienic condition. This results in bad breath. Make sure to brush your teeth twice a day and gargle with an antiseptic solution to get rid of these debris and stop bad breath.
Your tonsils can also result in painful swallowing. This happens when your tonsils enlarge in size and do not allow the food that you eat to pass through your throat smoothly.