- 6 hrs ago Dog Bite: From First Aid Treatment To Preventing It, Here's All You Need To Know
- 8 hrs ago UK-based Same-sex Couple Become The First To Carry Baby In Both Of Their Wombs Through IVF
- 8 hrs ago Neena Gupta's Frock Look Is Winning The Internet And We Love It
- 8 hrs ago Ananya Panday’s Bronze Make-up Look For Star Screen Awards Is A Red Carpet Win
- Movies Randeep Hooda Opens Up About His Ouster From Mira Nair’s A Suitable Boy
- News Seeking to provide Indian citizenship, Lok Sabha passes Citizenship Amendment Bill
- Technology ACT Fibernet Offering Netflix Subscription In Jaipur, Guntur
- Sports 13th South Asian Games: Naveen Kumar shines as Indian Kabaddi Team crush Sri Lanka to win gold medal
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Finance Petrol Price Rises To One-Year High; Price In Delhi Rs. 75/Lt
- Travel Darjeeling - The Queen Of Hills
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
To know the work of the heart if it is still good or not, then an easy guide is to touch the tip of your toes. In one of the journals it was explained that by testing one of the elements of the body, which are the toes, it can help us detect if we have a heart problem or not.
Even when you're in the middle of a holiday, you can check if you have a heart problem or not.
The steps are pretty simple. Sit on the floor with feet extended forward and toes pointing up. Try to reach out and touch the tip of your toes with your hands. If you're flexible enough to touch your toes, it means your heart is healthy and flexible as well.
A Research Performed On This
For the research, some 500 plus participants were selected belonging to the ages of 20 to 83 years old. The participants followed the test of flexibility of the body while the blood pressure and heart activity were measured.
In participants above the age of 40 years, the researches found that they were not flexible enough to touch the tip of the toe.
Those who failed the flexibility test of the body and could not reach the end of the toes in fact had stiff blood vessels. This means the heart is not effectively working and the risk of heart disease is also high.
If you can touch your toes while sitting straight, then your heart is still in a good condition. But if you cannot, then you must hit the cardiologist. Further, this may not always be a sign of heart disease and the heart may be only less fit.
It was also stated in a research that, the ability to bend over in a sitting position and touch your toes might be correlated with the risk of heart attack and stroke. Inability to perform this simple task means that your arteries have lost their flexibility and have become stiff and rigid.
Healthy arteries are flexible and elastic, which keeps the blood pressure normal. Age-related stiffening of the arteries leads to the loss of arterial integrity, which further causes high blood pressure.
The question that remains here is why arterial flexibility is related to the flexibility of the body as we get older. The findings suggest that the possibility of improving flexibility induced by stretching exercise may be capable of modifying age-related arterial stiffening in middle aged and older adults, which was thus concluded in the study.