- 16 min ago On Virat Kohli And Anushka Sharma's Anniversary, Their Wedding Wardrobe Decoded
- 57 min ago Angad Bedi and Neha Dhupia's Outfits Remind Us Of Raj-Simran From Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
- 1 hr ago You Need To Try These 11 Amazing Ways To Use Turmeric To Get Rid Of Pimples Right Now!
- 1 hr ago 8 Essential Ways To Strengthen Your Heart
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Issue Opens On Dec 12: Should You Invest?
- News MHA extends ILP to NE states including Manipur: What does this mean
- Technology Paytm Mall 'The Grand Gadget Sale': Discounts On Gadgets From JBL, Sony, Motorola And Other Brands
- Movies Viral Bollywood Photos Of 2019: From Bollywood's Selfie Moment With PM Modi To Taimur's Yoga Picture
- Sports Bayern's Lewandowski targets Ronaldo's record - Champions League in Opta numbers
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Cancer can be triggered due to many factors like unhealthy lifestyle, bad habits, lack of physical workouts, tobacco, genes, infections and environmental exposure to chemicals and pollutants.
As per studies, it was also found that being inactive coupled with a bad diet can actually increase the risk of cancer. The best way to prevent cancer depends on the kind of foods you eat. There are certain foods that can cause cancer and you must try to avoid them by all means.
Experts claim that more than half the cases of cancer can be prevented with a few lifestyle changes. Healthy eating coupled with maintaining a proper weight is crucial when it comes to preventing cancer.
This is because being overweight is also one of the reasons that contribute to cancer. Did you know that some foods can increase the risk of cancer while some others can prevent it?
This article deals with those foods that can cause cancer and the ones you must steer clear of by all means.
Diet has been linked with different types of cancer like mouth cancer, throat cancer, larynx cancer, bowel cancer and stomach cancer.
Continue reading in order to know about the foods that can cause cancer.
1. Refined And Sugary Foods:
These foods can raise the insulin levels and contribute to the growth of cancer cells in the body. People who take a lot of sugar have an increased risk of pancreatic cancer.
2. Red Processed Meat:
Processed meats are loaded with salt and excessive intake of these can increase the risk of colorectal cancer. These are also one of the top foods that can cause cancer.
3. Smoked/Pickled Food:
The smoking process can leave toxins in the food and these are considered unhealthy. Further, pickled foods contain nitrates that get converted to N-nitroso. These trigger cancer in the body.
4. White Flour:
Refined flour is loaded with carbs and is very unhealthy. Eating too much of carbs increases the risk of breast cancer in women and also raises the sugar levels in the body.
5. Hydrogenated Oil:
These oils become poisonous when processed. These are used to increase the shelf life of vegetables. These can damage the cells and can increase the risk of skin cancer, colorectal cancer, breast and prostate cancer.
6. Microwave Popcorn:
These popcorns are said to contain a chemical called perfluorooctanoic acid and these are considered very harmful. It can increase the risk of kidney and bladder cancer and can also cause female infertility.
7. Farmed Salmon:
Farmed salmons are considered very unhealthy as these are loaded with harmful chemicals like mercury, toxaphene and many more that cause cancer.
8. Potato Chips:
Studies have shown that potato chips can trigger ovary, prostate, breast and intestinal cancers. These are also loaded with calories and can cause other diseases like high cholesterol and many more.