Diabetes is a condition that occurs when your blood sugar levels are high and there are several sufferers around the world.
When not given timely treatment, this condition can lead to serious complications like heart disease, kidney damage, nerve damage and vision loss.
One of the main reasons why so many people are left untreated is because the symptoms that this condition throws are very sneaky.
They only tend to develop gradually and you'll only come to know of these when you're sick.
Even when you do notice that something is not quite right in your body, these signs can be vague and may not have a known association to diabetes.
Hence, it is important that you watch out for these sneaky signs which indicate that your blood sugar levels might be high.
Below, we have listed some of the top signs why your blood sugar is high. Read further to know what are the symptoms of high blood sugar.
1. You're Peeing Non-Stop:
Increased urination could be a sign that your blood sugar levels could be out of control. When you have too much glucose or sugar in your blood stream, then the kidneys flush out the extra glucose through urine.
2. You're Extremely Thirsty Always:
Peeing more often would in turn mean that you lose a lot of water from your body. This can make you feel dehydrated and leave you feeling thirsty more often. This is one of the top signs to show your blood sugar level is high.
3. You're Exhausted Easily:
Fatigue is the main side effect of dehydration. You might feel highly wiped out and exhausted at the end of the day. You might also get up multiple times to pee at night and this can affect your sleep as well.
4. Your Vision Is Blurry:
When your glucose levels are too high, fluid can seep into the lens and make it swell up. The swelling can change the shape of the lens, and this might cause loss of proper focus. This is one of the top signs of high blood sugar.
5. Your Gums Bleed:
The sugar-loving bacteria can cause your cuts to heal slowly and also mess with your gums. This can make the gums turn red and swollen and also lead them to bleed more often when you brush or floss. This is one of the major symptoms of high blood sugar.
6. You Have Some Patches On Your Skin:
High blood sugar levels can damage your blood vessels, including those that are present under the skin. This can lead to shiny or scaly reddish brown patches on the skin.
- Here's A Guide To The Perfect Diabetes Diet
- 10 Health Benefits Of Cottage Cheese Or Paneer
- 8 Health Benefits Of Canola Oil
- 10 Health Benefits Of Black Grapes
- 8 Health Benefits Of Sesame Oil
- 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Popcorn
- 11 Health Benefits Of Coconut Vinegar You Probably Didn't Know
- 12 Healthy Facts About Sweet Potatoes You Should Know
- 12 Health Benefits Of Peanut Butter That Will Surprise You
- Top 12 Health Benefits Of Raw Honey You Didn't Know
- 10 Incredible Health Benefits Of Onions
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Corn Silk