For many individuals with lung cancer, the simple act of breathing will turn out to be a herculean task. Lung cancer turns out to be the second most commonly diagnosed type of cancer in men and women.
Smoking is the major reason for lung cancer, but there are also other countless choices that can contribute to a person's risk of developing this disease.
Did you know that lowering your risk of lung cancer is easier than you thought? Making a few lifestyle changes on increasing your intake of healthy foods will help you lower your risk of lung cancer effectively.
Here, we have listed some of the best tips to prevent lung cancer. Read further to find out more on this.
1. Quit Smoking:
Studies have shown that 80% of lung cancer cases are caused by smoking. By quitting this, you'll just side step a lung cancer diagnosis in the future.
2. Know Your Family History:
Inherited genetic mutations can increase your risk of lung cancer and other respiratory health issues. So, make sure to have an account of your family's health history and discuss preventative measures with your doctor.
3. Skip The Supplements:
Research has shown that taking B12 and B6 supplements can increase your risk of lung cancer. Hence, it is time you gave these a pass. This is one of the best tips to prevent lung cancer.
4. Boost Up Your Beta-Carotene Intake:
Beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant that is found in foods like sweet potatoes, cantaloupe, etc., has been linked to a decreased occurrence of lung cancer development.
5. Have Apples:
Apples can take care of your lung health big time. It contains quercetin, which is a flavonoid found in apples and is effective in reducing the growth of lung cancer cells.
6. Take Red Onions:
Red onions can help lower the risk of lung cancer with every bite. This is because, its ruby allium is a good source of quercetin (60 mg per large onion). This is known to be a lung-cancer-fighting antioxidant.
7. Stop Burning Scented Candles:
Opt for plain non-scented candles and your lungs will thank you for this! Paraffin-based candles can contribute to indoor air pollution, thus increasing your risk of developing lung cancer.
8. Have Bell Peppers:
Bell peppers are a good source of quercetin, which is loaded with vitamin C. This has been linked to the reduction of lung cancer. This is one of the best tips to prevent lung cancer.
9. Have More Oranges:
These are chocked with vitamin C that is an effective cancer-preventing agent. It also helps you breathe easily as you age.
10. Avoid Wood Smoke:
Research has shown that exposure to wood smoke can significantly increase your lung cancer risk. Studies have shown that about 38.7% of lung cancer patients have been exposed to wood smoke. This is one of the best tips to prevent lung cancer.
- World Lung Cancer Day: Types Of Lung Cancers, Signs, & Symptoms
- 9 Early Signs Of Lung Cancer You Must Become Aware Of
- 8 Early Signs And Symptoms Of Lung Cancer
- Now Reduce Your Risk Of Lung Cancer With This Ancient Elixir
- Lung Cancer Risk Is High Among Smokers Ailing With HIV; Best Ways To Prevent Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer Ups Suicide Risk In Men: Study
- Do This To Prevent Lung Cancer!
- Women Should Not Ignore These Warning Signs Of Lung Cancer
- Warning Signs Of Lung Cancer You Should Never Ignore
- 3D Technique For Early Breast Cancer Diagnosis
- Pregnancy Risks By Age Chart
- Factors That Contribute To High-risk Pregnancy