As you all know, vaginal discharge is a normal and regular occurrence.
But there are certain types of discharges that can indicate an infection. Abnormal discharge may be yellow or green in colour, chunky in consistency or have a foul odour.
Abnormal discharge may be caused by a yeast or bacterial infection. If you notice any discharge that looks unusual or foul smelling, then you must immediately consult the doctor.
There are several types of vaginal discharges that are categorized based on their colour and consistency. But some forms of discharge can indicate an underlying health issue that requires immediate attention.
There might be several answers behind the question 'what are the reasons for white discharge'. You'll find them out right here.
Some of the different types of discharges are white, clear and watery, clear and stretchy, brown or bloody, yellow or green, etc.
If your discharge is unusually heavy, then there could be several reasons for this!
In this article, we have listed some of the top reasons for heavy vaginal discharge. Read this further to know what are the reasons for heavy white discharge and other kinds of discharges as well.
If your discharge is unusually heavy, it could be due to gonorrhoea or chlamydia that are the two common sexually transmitted diseases. This discharge can be a result of an infection that comes along with itching, burning, a foul smell or discolouration. This occurs if you recently have had unprotected sex or sex with new or multiple partners. STIs are one of the top reasons for heavy white discharge.
2. Yeast Infection:
If you have a thick, white, clumpy cottage-cheese like discharge with itching, then you might be suffering from a yeast infection. This is one of the reasons for heavy vaginal discharge.
One of the most common reasons for vaginal discharge is the fact that you're ovulating. Hence, there will be a hormonal influx. Though not every woman will experience discharge at this time, some may experience discharge at times.
4. IUD Birth Control:
An IUD may not have any control over vaginal discharge. Further, some women may experience constant vaginal discharge, as the IUD string in the body is foreign.
As a general rule, it is important that you don't put straight things into your vagina. Sometimes, your body will react in an unexpected way to new condoms, sex toys, soaps or detergents due to an allergy. If you're allergic to any of these substances, then your body could create more discharge as a response.
6. Lost Condom Or Tampon:
If you have retained a condom or a tampon down there, then your discharge may be foul smelling. You need to see your doctor to get it removed and put an end to the discharge issue.
- 9 Natural Ways To Reduce Vaginal Odour Women Must Try!
- Rules To Follow To Have A Healthy Vagina
- Ways Your Vagina Tells That You're Unhealthy
- The Healthy Vagina Diet To Prevent Any Infection From Occurring
- Scary & Bad Things That Can Happen To Your Vagina As You Age
- 7 Surprising Reasons For Excessive Vaginal Discharge!
- Natural Way To Improve Vaginal Lubrication During Intercourse
- These Are The Reasons You're Getting Pimples On Your Vagina
- Stop Doing These Everyday Mistakes That Can Harm Your Vagina Big Time!
- Why You Must Take Off Your Undergarment Before Bedtime
- Types Of Vaginal Odours That Every Women Should Know About
- HIV-Preventing Vaginal Ring Found Safe For Girls: Study